has anyone been like this since early childhood?

Share your successes with others
lilchrissy

Re: has anyone been like this since early childhood?

Post by lilchrissy » Mon May 14, 2012 6:02 pm

WW wrote:
lilchrissy wrote:The good news is no matter when your anxiety and panic started you can take control of your life and eliminate so you can live the life you deserve from here on out :D
Chrissy,
We can always count on you to put things back into perspective :P Thanks!
:oops:

LyndaLu

Post by LyndaLu » Tue May 15, 2012 8:56 pm

Does anyone out there have a problem remembering their childhood ? My sister and I , and even my mother, have

very vague memories of our childhood. We don't remember a lot, not like some people. I I remember bits and pieces

about growing up, but not a lot of details. I wonder if my sister, mom and I just blocked things out about our childhood

for a reason ? Well, I was just thinking about that this evening.

Lynda

JR5

Post by JR5 » Wed May 30, 2012 6:32 pm

I have voids but I think it is a trap to spend too much time worrying about the past, because regardless what happened all you can do is move forward now. I have learned that all that time I spent on a couch talking about my past was of little value but all that I have incorporated into my life moving forward has given me much needed relief :)

darlafred

Re:

Post by darlafred » Wed Jun 27, 2012 11:11 am

EastcoastGirl wrote:I have had anxiety, agoraphobia since I was a little kid. I'm now in my 30's and still suffering from it. There was a few years span in my 20's where it went away, I was self confident and barely ever got anxiety and if I did I could easily talk myself out of it. Lasted for a few years until my father passed away and then my mom passed away and my anxiety and agoraphobia are back now full force. I have seen a little improvement so far w/the program I just started session 2 today.
Samething with me. I had anxiety since I was five. I went thru a bunch of test. The doctors could not figure
it out. I lost a lot of school time. I would get bouts three weeks at a time then it would go away. Then in my
twenties it went away and came back in my thirties and have never left. I also have vertigo, so I have a double
whammy. The program help me. I still struggle with it. It is something that will be around for ever.

egriff

Post by egriff » Thu Jul 12, 2012 5:21 pm

JR5 wrote:I have voids but I think it is a trap to spend too much time worrying about the past, because regardless what happened all you can do is move forward now. I have learned that all that time I spent on a couch talking about my past was of little value but all that I have incorporated into my life moving forward has given me much needed relief :)
Good point JR5, I used to be in therapy where all we did was explore my past and all it really did was drain my savings. Once I started the TEA forms daily and focus on things going forward my life began to change :)

LyndaLu

Post by LyndaLu » Sat Jul 14, 2012 1:27 am

I tried a bit of therapy and it did not work out for me.
I went to see three different psychologists for a short while
and I could not get "into" it at all. It did nothing to help me.
I don't think dwelling on the past is such a great thing.
The other night I was thinking about the past and my childhood
and all that came out of it was a two hour crying jag
before I went to sleep. I must say, though, I slept a bit better
than usual because I was so exhausted !
Stay Strong and Keep In Touch,
Lynda :)

lilchrissy

Post by lilchrissy » Mon Jul 23, 2012 7:02 pm

I have learned that (for me anyway) the less time I spend dwelling on the shortcomings of my past the better I feel. Like someone said already you can't change it so you are better served focusing your energy on what is within your control to change and that is how you are living right now :)

LyndaLu

Post by LyndaLu » Thu Jul 26, 2012 2:13 am

Yeah, I am done thinking about my childhood.
Now if I could just get "over" the past five years !
I am stuck ! So many major life changes have happened
during the past five years for me that I just have
not been able to overcome them. I am not stuck
in the "far away" past, but the "recent" past, and boy
is it exhausting :lol: .
Hoping for cooler temperatures soon - whew it
sure is hot here !
Lynda

lilchrissy

Post by lilchrissy » Sat Jul 28, 2012 7:11 pm

It sounds like you have come a long way Lynda. Great that you are leaving your childhood behind now. Sorry to hear the last five years have been so difficult for you, but keep striving to focus forward and I think it will help you a lot!

egriff

Post by egriff » Fri Oct 05, 2012 4:32 pm

lilchrissy wrote:It sounds like you have come a long way Lynda. Great that you are leaving your childhood behind now. Sorry to hear the last five years have been so difficult for you, but keep striving to focus forward and I think it will help you a lot!
Well put as usual Chrissy :!: