has anyone been like this since early childhood?

Share your successes with others
egriff

Re: has anyone been like this since early childhood?

Post by egriff » Sat Jul 02, 2011 3:02 pm

Good to hear JR! I am doing great too. Happy Fourtth of July!

pjmorales

Post by pjmorales » Fri Jul 22, 2011 4:15 am

I never actually had the panic attacks but as long as i can remember i always felt some anxiety. I was so afraid of the dark somtimes i would lay in my bed, and i know this sounds weird, but i would pretend i was a baby being born and i would lay there and pretend my mom was holding me and rocking me and loving me.
I can also remember i was always afraid of my parents dying, every time the principle would come into my class room i just knew he was coming to tell me something horrible. And this is also very weird but we went out of town when i was little with my dad, i must have been in 4th grade. Well my mom didnt go with us and you know this was before cellphones, so he kept trying to call my mom after she was supposed to get out of work and she would not answer. He never said that he was worried but i was, on the way home the seatbelt was hangining out th door of the van banging and banging as we were driving and i was convinced that my mom had gotten killed and she was making that banging noise to let us know she was dead and ok. How aweful it that, i always had those kind of thoughts, when our next door neighbor died suddenly i could never look out my window to their house because i thought his spirit was looking at me out of one of their windows. So i know that was a long story but omg can i remember so many times i had anxiety when i was little.

egriff

Post by egriff » Sun Jul 24, 2011 4:32 pm

I used to worry about my parents safety when I was younger too. I think this is common? Now that I know the common thinking errors and have learned how to counter them I am so much better. I think you may want to try CBT and the TEA form exercise if you still suffer anxiety.

lilchrissy

Post by lilchrissy » Thu Aug 11, 2011 9:56 pm

Hi everyone and a big welcome back to JR! Your presence has been missed :P

lindatenney

Post by lindatenney » Mon Aug 29, 2011 5:22 pm

Yes, I have had panic for most of my life. I didn't know what it was as a child, I just knew that when I had to do anything in front of people I would get paralyzed with fear. I was afraid a lot in my home growing up. I just started the program. I've had this stuff for so long and so bad that it is hard for me to think I could ever be rid of it. I'm hoping I can make the program work.

asammy

Post by asammy » Tue Sep 06, 2011 12:05 pm

I definitely know that I had this as a child! I always thought everyone else did too! I remember one morning sitting in the bathroom crying cause I had the thought that one day my mom is going to die and boy did it freak me out! It actually wasn't until college that my anxiety began to get really bad but at the time, I had not idea what was wrong with me. I literally thought I was going nuts! Thanks to this program, I've realized many other people have this too and that in itself has been a HUGE relief. I'm on session 9 currently, but I really haven't been giving it all my attention as far as journaling and doing the HW so I'm going to go back and try to be really diligent. It's so nice just to know you're not alone sometimes :)

lilchrissy

Post by lilchrissy » Tue Sep 06, 2011 9:36 pm

lindatenney wrote:Yes, I have had panic for most of my life. I didn't know what it was as a child, I just knew that when I had to do anything in front of people I would get paralyzed with fear. I was afraid a lot in my home growing up. I just started the program. I've had this stuff for so long and so bad that it is hard for me to think I could ever be rid of it. I'm hoping I can make the program work.
I felt the same way and struggled for years but have been better for several years now :D I know if I can do it you can too. It was the TEA forms from CBT that turned my life around for good, but I understand that Lucinda's program is based on CBT so I think you will gain significant relief soon :mrgreen:

laaaaa

Post by laaaaa » Tue Sep 13, 2011 12:05 am

Yes, I remember having suicidal thoughts and a panic attack at age 6.

WW

Post by WW » Wed Sep 21, 2011 10:27 am

laaaaa wrote:Yes, I remember having suicidal thoughts and a panic attack at age 6.
Wow that is really early and makes me sad to hear. I hope you are feeling better now?

WW

Post by WW » Wed Sep 21, 2011 10:29 am

lilchrissy wrote: I felt the same way and struggled for years but have been better for several years now :D I know if I can do it you can too. It was the TEA forms from CBT that turned my life around for good, but I understand that Lucinda's program is based on CBT so I think you will gain significant relief soon :mrgreen:
Great advice as usual Chrissy. Don't want to think what my life would be like today had you not convinced me to read the CBT book by Sam Obitz and start using the TEA form exercise. Thanks again!!!