has anyone been like this since early childhood?

Share your successes with others
jillzmind

Post by jillzmind » Mon Sep 06, 2010 4:56 pm

:)

Brent K.

Post by Brent K. » Thu Sep 23, 2010 2:05 pm

Yep, I have felt this way as far back as I remember, I remember being terrified of school and being abandoned and it just grew from there!

You are normal, I don't know anyone who isn't screwed up :p

Mystikal1231

Post by Mystikal1231 » Fri Sep 24, 2010 12:19 am

Never really thought much about it - until the program - but looking back - I now recall - my only suicide attempt was at the age of 7 years old! (supressed memory)

I also recall being only 8 and having such trouble sleeping - I would be dead tired falling asleep almost watching TV - but as soon as I would lay down for bed my mind would just race and race - I would try all types of things to help me get to sleep but nothing would work - I remember many nights finally at 1-2 in the morning crying myself to sleep.....

I always had trouble keeping friends - it was almost like the minute any friendship became to "close" I would freak and run.

until now I never realized I had done it.....

I'm glad that I can not see it and start taking action to change it!!
** How can you give love to others, or recieve love of others - if you can not 1st love yourself? **

Move on

Post by Move on » Sat Oct 16, 2010 5:46 pm

I started having panic attacks since the age of 8 or 9. I remember seeing a woman standing at my school....she was acting strange and she came up to the fence and started making weird faces at me. I froze...I could not move, run, or yell for several minutes. I was in an drinking household with my father....I lost both parents and a brother within another year.
Instability breeds fears....but I have overcame them.

a.marble1

Post by a.marble1 » Mon Oct 18, 2010 7:18 pm

Wow, reading all these is such and uplifter and motivator. You guys are all great and thank you so much for every one of you who posted, even though Im not the topic starter. I too have had anxiety from very early on. I didnt speak English when I went into preschool and I've always been very timid since then. I first remember having this wierd feeling in my gut at about 7-8 years old when I was excited about seeing snow for the first time on a family trip. And I wondered what it was and it worried me. My parents said "oh its probably just excitement" but I had my doubts and after that I got symptoms of different kinds such as nausea on car rides even if it wasnt from car sickness. I've always felt stressed and anxious. I grew up in an anxious family and to me felt quite fast-paced. Ive always been very sensitive to every feeling I feel as well. BTW I came to a realization that I have IBS (Iritable Bowel Syndrom) it is the most common "functional gi" disorder, meaning that there are no physical signs of this. It is the connection between your Mind and gut that is being interfered with. I am learning from reading this great and insightful book with its 12 week program "Irritable Bowel Syndrom & the Mind-Body Brain-Gut Connection"
I really hope this helps someone somehow because for the longest I had no clue. Good Luck and God Bless to all of you!

egriff

Re:

Post by egriff » Wed Mar 09, 2011 1:09 pm

JR5 wrote:Mydog give the cbt exercises I mentioned a try. The TEA forms in the CBT book by Sam Obitz are really helpful in fighting anxiety.
Hey JR5,
I hope you find your way back here as I miss your posts. I thought I already posted here but could not find my old posts. I think mine started young too but don't know exactly when? I am feeling great now and owe it all to cbt. I still do the TEA form exercises from the book by Sam Obitz most everyday and have been feeling great for a good while now :D

lilchrissy

Re: has anyone been like this since early childhood?

Post by lilchrissy » Wed Mar 16, 2011 9:27 pm

Good to see you guys have found your way back to the site :)

egriff

Post by egriff » Sat Apr 09, 2011 2:57 pm

Thx Chrissy good to see you too. Hope JR5 makes it back soon :P

lilchrissy

Post by lilchrissy » Sat Apr 30, 2011 10:27 pm

You're welcome and I hope everyone finds their way back soon :P

JR5

Post by JR5 » Fri Jun 03, 2011 3:32 pm

Thx, I just found my way back and I am doing better than ever. Still using the TEA forms and the Counter exercise and feeling swell :)