Goodbye Annie

Share your successes with others
DMP720

Post by DMP720 » Wed Jun 10, 2009 12:34 pm

Hello all

I have a little secret.
Her name is Annie. She was a nasty/scared little thing. She started these things in my life called panic attacks. She would make me think negative thoughts day in and day out...feel dizzy...feel sick....make me sleep alll day..hate life..yell at my boyfriend for no reason...which leads too the anger problems...the throwing things...the wanting to commit suicide...make my heart race soo fast...gain 45 lbs...lose my sense of self and humor...lost passion for life...everything negative you can think of she put on me.

That annie was my name I gave my anxiety driven inner child..it may sound silly..but it made me feel better lol

Well Today june 10th 2009 I think it is time to let go of annie. She has grown soo much the past year.. I think its safe for her to leave -the nest ;-)

I have taught her that laughing is ok...making a mistake is ok...that her parents do not have to control her life forever...she can be alone...eating a slice of pizza wont kill her...on the flip side neither will using exercise to clear your head.Having a day just to sit a do nothing...FEELS great!!!! That just because her boyfriend needs a guys night out doesnt mean hes cheating...which brings us too..its okay to trust...its actually OK to be happy....

Also that set backs do happen...and its always ok to come back home..to be comforted....shes welcome...isnt that what we are taught..to welcome the setback in and use our skills right??? Then..well she willed be kicked right out after lol...

So FAREWELL annie.....Welcome back DENA

xoxoxox

Post by Guest » Wed Jun 10, 2009 3:13 pm

Dena,
My friend refers to us as having "ugly toys in the attic." I think that's the same as your Annie. As children, we often learn coping skills that we carry into adulthood, only they don't work anymore. That inner child is part of you, and is probably more confused and sad than nasty (of course, that's easy for me to say). Good for you to realize what was happening and take back the reins. I see that you've gone through the program before, so you know you are in charge, right? Bye, bye, Annie. It's Dena's turn now.

Post by Guest » Thu Jun 11, 2009 2:52 am

Hi Dena,
Your post made me smile because I did the same thing. Mine is named Edgar and he looks like one of the bad creatures from Monsters Inc. (I was trying to bring humor into the situation) :-)
Thank you for sharing.

Post by Guest » Thu Jun 11, 2009 6:23 am

Love this post! So cute! It's a great reminder to be kind to your inner self, but to also use "tough love", too! :)

Post by Guest » Tue Jun 30, 2009 5:59 am

Hi,
I loved your email - I'm sort of new to the program. Did you accomplish all of your healing by working this program. Sounds like you are doing great. I'd love to feel that way. My anxious moments make me very tired and takes my energy away.
Thanks,
Gerri L

Post by Guest » Wed Jul 01, 2009 2:28 am

thanks everyone for all the great feedback

GerriL

When I first started dealing with anxiety and depressiona almost two years ago I ordered this program. It definetly helped me a great deal!!
Its not just "the program" though that helped me..it was the support of my fiance..my therapist....my family...and myself that really got me to push through.

If you dont have the program I definetly recoomend getting this one..or another program that has helped me tremendously..called PANIC AWAY... i think its just Panicportal.com
they have also helped me huge.

God bless!!

Any other questions feel freee to send me a Private message

Post by Guest » Wed Jul 01, 2009 7:28 pm

Hi Dena

I love your post...so very uplifting...the way you wrote it made me kinda emotional -- in a very good way i might add hehehe because I can relate with the negativity and the anger, something I am working on right now!!

Congratulations on letting "Annie" go - and you're right it is okay for Annie to come back as long as you both know its only temporary hehehe... I'm so happy for you...

Keep on keepin' on girl and best wishes to you!!