Finally a triumph !!!!!!!

Share your successes with others
manofmusic

Post by manofmusic » Mon Nov 23, 2009 2:02 pm

It's been a while since I've had a triumph.

From Nov. 2nd until the 19th, I was at home with the flu. The hospital thought it was H1N1. Turns out it wasn't. I went after work today to get the H1N1 shot and only stood in line for 10 minutes.

I've been having a real tough time at work. Not anymore. I've since learned to take it all one day at a time.

In January I will be going to night school to take some business courses. I'm going to start my own business. I don't quite know what that will be yet, but I'm taking it all one day at a time.

I also received a phone call today from the Unemployment office. I'm working but I'm still claiming because I could be laid off from my job again. I don't get anything from them, but it's so much easier to keep the claim going if I think that I could be laid off again (In Canada we can do that, I don't know about the States). The Unemployment office told me that my Unemployment Insurance has been extended for 20 weeks ! (Until July 18 2010 !!!!)

On top of that.....I finally slept all the way thru the night AND it was a good day at work today.

To Ms T Bones and Charlie Brown....Thank
You !!!!!!!!!!!

Post by Guest » Mon Nov 23, 2009 2:26 pm

Hi manofmusic,
You are soooooooooooooooo welcome :) :) :)
Did you get a chance to watch the last video which I shared in your other thread you began???

I pray that you rest well tonight sheltered beneath the wings of Our Almighty God!!!

God Bless You Brother!!!

Post by Guest » Mon Nov 23, 2009 2:41 pm

I just watched it. I've always liked that song ! That is an amazing video too ! Thanks for the link. I will save that to my "favorites" ! I will have a good night's sleep again tonight !

Like I said before, don't leave these boards !

Post by Guest » Mon Nov 23, 2009 3:09 pm

Hi manofmusic,
I am sure you will rest well safe in the Shepherd's care!!! Goodnight dear Brother!!!

Post by Guest » Mon Nov 23, 2009 3:17 pm

Man
that is such good news. I love triumphs, you encouraged me tonight. Thank You!
Jill~
:)

Post by Guest » Tue Nov 24, 2009 3:39 am

I am also glad to her a good story. It helps brighten up my day.

Post by Guest » Tue Nov 24, 2009 12:54 pm

One thing I notice now is how bitter my co-workers are ! They've been there for 20 + years and they all complain and threaten to quit(like I do, or should I say used to).

I'm doing my best to be appreciative of life in general.

My parents are teaching me this too. I was born later in their lives. They are in their 80's now. I'm grateful that they are both still here and in relatively good shape. As I watch them get older, I realize that life isn't forever. I get one shot at this. The first half of my life was chaotic to say the least. I want the last half to be someone that I can be proud of. I'm beginning to work on that everyday. It's tough in the mornings when my alarm goes off at 5:45 though ! One day at a time.