Going to stores

Share your successes with others
jillzmind

Post by jillzmind » Wed Oct 28, 2009 3:04 pm

It has been MONTHS since I have gone to any store other than a quick step inside loaf and jug for coffee.
Yesterday I needed to get some table cloths for the pantry I work at and so I ran off to Dollar Tree and then Tuesday Morning and then I went to Michaels and then Bed Bath and Beyond and then to Borders to get a gift for someone. I got back in about 40-45 min. I was only midly anxious in one store when the electric door closed behind me and I realized that by Law that they have to be able to open easily during business hours so I got on to my shopping. I was on a mission so I didn't stop and shop too long but I sure wanted too. It felt so very good to be out and about and see the sights and sounds and smells of all kinds of goodies.
It felt very very good and I am so glad to see that some of the tapes are really working , I was getting down thinking maybe they weren't and that maybe I was the one bad egg that can't be helped. That is Nonsense and negative thinking!!! I don't accept that. I know that I am getting better and I am so Thankful that Lord led me to get this program.
Take care

Jilly~
;)

Post by Guest » Wed Oct 28, 2009 5:06 pm

Dearest Jill,
You have made some very "major accomplishments" and I am soooooooo very proud of you!!! Once, you begin getting out there like you did these last few days, then, you are well on your journey to recovery!!!

Once, I began to put into action what I had learned, then, I never did look back and I am sure you won't either!!!

Yeah, Yeah, Yeah!!! You did it!!! You did it!!! And you will continue doing it!!!!

Thank YOU Jesus for blessing Jill with the program and helping her to get out there and take action!!!

I love you Jill and I am sooooooo happy for you!!! God Bless You With A Great Night's Rest is My Prayer!!!

Post by Guest » Wed Oct 28, 2009 6:06 pm

Thanks T I appreciate your love and support.
:D

Post by Guest » Thu Oct 29, 2009 4:17 am

Jill, I am so proud of you too! I struggle with that to so I can relate and I know you did great!! Pat yourself on the back a few times. :D

Post by Guest » Thu Oct 29, 2009 4:52 am

Great job Jillz. It was so good to hear your experience of working around a panic attack by talking to yourself about how the doors to the store must be able to open during business hours since this is the kind of thing that has been so helpful to me as a result of going through this program. It sounds like you had a wonderful time enjoying the sights, sounds and smells. These are things I have learned to enjoy as well. God bless you in future outings.

Post by Guest » Thu Oct 29, 2009 11:10 am

Thank You all for your encouragment. The only thing that really had me down that day was the lack of time I had to get stuff done and lack of money. Every store had so many lovely Christmas things on display!!!!! Michaels and Bed Bath and Beyond had the best smells too, like cinnamin and close and pine smells and I can't tell what else but it sure got me in a festive mood. Going out to stores is a good thing. I highly recommend it ;)
J~

Post by Guest » Thu Oct 29, 2009 3:16 pm

Jillzmind !

Congratulations ! I still don't like going into stores, but I fight it and I go in. Once I'm in, I'm ok. It's the initial moments before. Keep up the good work.

Post by Guest » Thu Oct 29, 2009 6:50 pm

Thank You Man
I pray that you will find the same fun and joy of being in stores too. Hopefully without breaking the bank hahaha
Take care
J~

Post by Guest » Fri Oct 30, 2009 11:46 pm

Jill -

This is too cool. Hopefully you saw my PM too. Way to kick butt!

Jamie

Post by Guest » Sat Oct 31, 2009 5:29 am

Thanks Jamie :D