Progress!!

Share your successes with others
Juno

Post by Juno » Tue Jun 02, 2009 5:02 pm

Just want to share how great I feel lately. I'm on week 14 and I know once I finish the program I will focus on sessions 3, 7, 9, 11 and 13 much more. But I can't believe at the difference! I don't think negatively like I used to. I don't believe the negative thoughts anymore. And I'm open to options now. All sorts of options. I realize now how many doors I kept closing.
I had a difficult time even reading books I disagreed with or one that were poorly written. I teach writing and literature at college level, so that made me picky. But my anxiety made me fearful of opening myself to something that might be a bad experience. Now I know I'm not responsible for what someone else wrote. They get judged by it and I'm free to think of it what I want, but I can always get something good out of something that is flawed or something I disagree with.
I still have a long way to go, but I feel so much safer now. So much happier and aware of all the good things in life. The ups and downs are still there and I certainly have the down moments, but the worst seems to be fading.
"If you are calm, you are in control of your mind and body. If you are
upset, they are in control of your mind and body."

"When the only tool you own is a hammer, every problem begins to resemble a nail."
Abraham Maslow

Post by Guest » Wed Jun 03, 2009 3:23 am

Juno...It sounds like you have made a lot of progress!!! Congratulations!!! I am very happy for you!!!!

Post by Guest » Wed Jun 03, 2009 2:50 pm

That is great news, and you will keep getting better as time goes on, this is just the beginning. I'm completely different person since I did the program a few years ago.

Post by Guest » Tue Oct 27, 2009 9:08 am

Originally posted by Juno:
Just want to share how great I feel lately. I'm on week 14 and I know once I finish the program I will focus on sessions 3, 7, 9, 11 and 13 much more. But I can't believe at the difference! I don't think negatively like I used to. I don't believe the negative thoughts anymore. And I'm open to options now. All sorts of options. I realize now how many doors I kept closing.
I had a difficult time even reading books I disagreed with or one that were poorly written. I teach writing and literature at college level, so that made me picky. But my anxiety made me fearful of opening myself to something that might be a bad experience. Now I know I'm not responsible for what someone else wrote. They get judged by it and I'm free to think of it what I want, but I can always get something good out of something that is flawed or something I disagree with.
I still have a long way to go, but I feel so much safer now. So much happier and aware of all the good things in life. The ups and downs are still there and I certainly have the down moments, but the worst seems to be fading.
God Bless You Juno and congrads on your progress. 'Without any struggle,there is no progress.' Fredrick Douglass TakeCare-H