Minneapolis, London now Chicago! WOW

Share your successes with others
ellenfisher

Minneapolis, London now Chicago! WOW

Post by ellenfisher » Tue Nov 11, 2014 1:55 pm

I am a little more than a year out of the program and I just keep getting stronger!

I stayed alone for the first time in over 28 years and the first time ever alone in a hotel when we were dropping our son and daughter at two colleges. My husband went with our son after a day with our daughter at her college. I stayed with our daughter for another day and then went the following day to my son's college to meet up with my husband and son. I stayed alone in a hotel, which before the program would have seemed like a torture chamber impossibility to me. Since the program and with all my skills, I enjoyed myself immensely- NO JOKE! I got my favorite snacks, I relaxed and read a book and I chose a really cool muscle car as my rental car which made the drive to and from the colleges a blast!

Incredibly, I ended up with the opportunity to go overseas for the first time ever. My husband and I flew to Scotland and London. We spent some time together, but as he worked I toured the cities on my own. Unbelievable. I never could have done this in my anxiety. I thank God for the program and my coach (who I still touch base with occasionally-which is healthy for me). I am free. I use my skills when I feel anxious, overwhelmed or sad. Yes, I still have these very human emotions. Now, I get out my mental toolbox and polish up a skill and go through with living my life and loving it!

We're in Chicago now and I look forward to seeing what God has in store for me here as I spend time in the city while my husband works. I'm thinking of finding an outreach to volunteer with if it works out on short notice. This is the life God had planned for me. The life I was living with fear and hopelessness is gone and I am deeply thankful!

I wish I could get this program and coaching into the hands of everyone battling the mind with anxiety and depression. It has been a God send!!!

Blessings on all those working the program for the first time or maintaining their proficiency! Keep up the GOOD WORK!

Thankful to the core!
Ellen

bob p

Re: Minneapolis, London now Chicago! WOW

Post by bob p » Mon Dec 08, 2014 11:30 am

Thank you so much for the inspirational post. Congratulations on all of your accomplishments!