My, how far I've come...

Share your successes with others
Chuck Striler

My, how far I've come...

Post by Chuck Striler » Wed May 07, 2014 10:33 pm

Well, if you'd asked me 20 years ago when I first had my panic and anxiety disorders if I had any hope I would have said NO.
I was a mess. Panic attacks several times a day. Agoraphobia to the point I couldn't walk the dog without going right back to the house where I was "safe". I thought I'd be like that forever.
One day, in the newspaper, I saw an advertisement to go see some lady at a local Holiday Inn to get help for my problems. Awesome I thought! The only problem was, my problems were preventing me from going to the meeting! Hahaha. Luckily, the internet was really taking off at the time and I was able to get more information about the program.
I pooled my money together and bought the books and cassette tapes and got to work. Was it instant relief? Nope! It took time. Lots of baby steps. I had to unlearn all of the things that were causing my problems. Happily, with the help of the program I'd learned that I wasn't the only person experiencing these things and not to be embarrassed. We all have our problems and it's the way we handle them that sets us apart.
The program, and everything I'd begun to practice, was starting to work. The panic attacks would come and I'd let them. No fighting it. Just let the adrenaline run it's course and see what happens. Each time I'd have an attack, they got shorter and shorter with less effect, until finally they came less and less, to the point where I rarely, RARELY, get even a hint of them. And if I do, I know how to handle them with ease.
There is so much more that I could write here, but I won't. I'll just say that because of the program, and the support of others around me, I now am completely free of the chains that bound me.
I own my own home inspection company, speak in front of large groups of first time home buyers, I'm front and center at all of the home inspections and feel no pressure. I go where I want, when I want, and never give it a second thought. Life is good. Thank you Lucinda.

bob p

Re: My, how far I've come...

Post by bob p » Mon Dec 08, 2014 2:14 pm

Chuck thank you soooooo much and congratulations on your new life. I will also break down my thinking so it wont hold me back either. Thanks again.