The Courage to Change

Share your successes with others
BeckieT

The Courage to Change

Post by BeckieT » Mon Sep 23, 2013 7:35 pm

Hi Everyone,

My name is Beckie Taylor and I live in Australia. I started the program about 3 months ago now and the last CD I listened to was 'The Courage to Change'. My life has improved for the better almost beyond words since starting the program. At first I found it quite confronting listening to the first 2 CD's and found that listening to people talking about their symptoms and times in their lives when their anxiety and panic attacks were at the worst bought alot of that back to me. I was almost at the point of throwing the program away because I had felt more anxiety and panic since listening to the cd's than I had in 12 months, but decided to continue.

I have always been a big believer in positive thought and healthy lifestyle habits. As much as a believer I was in this, I didn't have the tools or knowledge how to implement such things into my life to help with my recovery from anxiety & depression. I had tried medication, therapy and another self help program all of which I helped a little with living with the anxiety, but I did not learn how to take control of my life, mind, emotions etc all of which this program teaches you.

I believe in this program and I love the fact that it comes down to making positive life long changes and taking responsibility for your own life. Change is a powerful thing and I have made a lot of changes in my life over the last couple of months.

I have learnt to let go of guilt and forgive myself for things that have happened in the past. I have stopped taking on everyone else's problems myself and becoming so emotionally involved and weighed down by things going on in other people's lives. I have learnt to trust and open up to my partner (together for 7 months) and he has been so amazing and supportive throughout this process.

I no longer hide the fact that I have anxiety, and am at the point now where I can say that I've pretty much gotten rid of it from my life. I achieved my goal of being able to run for 25 minutes non-stop and feel amazing for that. I have stood up for myself at work and last Thursday handed in my resignation. I have been miserable at this job since I took it 5 months ago now and have finally taken control of my life and quit. My partner has been wonderfully supportive and has told me not to worry about money, if I can't find another job straight away we will be fine, his wage will cover us and he has booked himself in for overtime every chance he can get it.

I am assertive, postivie, supportive of myself and loving myself more and more each and every day. I have been on big trips away in the car (something I was petrified of doing) and am planning a trip overseas next year (to Nashville for the Country Music Festival) which will be my first trip oversea's and the year after that we plan on taking 12 months off work and travelling around Australia. All of these things that 3 months ago the thought of was so anxiety producing I thought I would never be able to do. Now I feel mostly just excitement and the normal anxieties associated with big trips. I am realising more and more every day that LIFE IS TOO SHORT & WHATS THE WORST THAT COULD HAPPEN. Get out there, take a chance and live your life to the fullest. All things which I am implementing in my life and practising every day - all things which I would never have been able to do if I didn't pick up the phone and order the program.

So thankyou the program. The best is yet to come!

BeckieT

Re: The Courage to Change

Post by BeckieT » Mon Sep 23, 2013 7:38 pm

Also, I have quit caffiene altogether and sugar and believe this has helped my immensley. :D

bob p

Post by bob p » Sat Oct 26, 2013 8:05 am

wow beckie t that was a n amazing story! thank you for the triumph story because it helps me and i know it is helping many others out there too. great job!

coachchris

Post by coachchris » Sat Oct 26, 2013 8:29 am

Hi Beckie,

I sent you a private message. Thank you for your positive post:)

Coach Chris StressCenter.com