My little triumph

Share your successes with others
1niceone

My little triumph

Post by 1niceone » Mon May 20, 2013 1:24 am

Well today I had a party I was invited to, I hadn't been to their house and it would be the first time I stop by I got there a little late lets just say everyone had left already but I got to talk to them and drive comfortably and I was social and just so happy I went and will visit more often just wanted to hate my happiness have a blessed day

LyndaLu

Re: My little triumph

Post by LyndaLu » Sat Jan 18, 2014 8:43 pm

Hello niceone:

I know that your post here is from last year.
But I wanted to share one of my own little triumphs.

One of my own little triumphs has been going to the grocery store. I used to have anxiety about
shopping at the store and being around the people there. The key, for me, to conquering
this anxiety was to limit my time in the store to 1/2 hour for each visit. By controlling the
amount of time spent in the store, I was experiencing far less anxiety while I was there.
I also limited the number of items I purchased at the store to no more than 15 items.
I was less overwhelmed with my shopping trips by making my grocery store shopping
lists a little bit less complicated. This whole system seems to work for me. I may have to
make MORE trips to the grocery store, but each trip is less stressful and causes me less
anxiety.

LyndaLu :!:

munchkin51

Re: My little triumph

Post by munchkin51 » Mon Feb 03, 2014 9:44 pm

Dear Lyndalu:

Thank you soo much about how you go grosery shopping. It has help me a lot. Since that has always been something that caused me stress, I would wait until we had no food in the house. Then I would make a long list and go to the store. It would take me two hours to get everything on my list. Yesterday I decided to go shopping just for one week. I was out of the store in 30 min.; and I was not stressed out. thanks again for sharing.
Love and Peace,
Munchkin