I DID IT!!

Share your successes with others
MirandaLey

I DID IT!!

Post by MirandaLey » Thu Apr 18, 2013 2:35 pm

Hi everyone!

Well, I'm all done the program! It took me longer than 15 weeks because I repeated some sessions and took some breaks, but I'm finally done the program!

Many of you are familliar with my story, and I've repeated it many times so I'm not going to bother typing it all out again (if you want to know more private message me!). But I just wanted to say how proud of myself I am. I finally finished the program and I am feeling great. BETTER than back to normal. I have self-confidence, I feel like I can handle whatever life throws at me! Now I make time for MYSELF and I am getting comfortable with putting myself first -- because if I don't take care of my own mental health than I won't be help to ANYONE!

I rang my therapist today to tell him I'd finished the program (haven't seen him in many months now but I told him I'd get in touch when I was done the program) and we talked, and he said he feels confident enough in me to close my file. Of course, I can always get back in touch with him if I need to but he was behind the program 100% and is amazed at my results. He told me, "If everyone I work with put in the same amount of work you did and had the same skill set, I'd be out of a job!" He said he highly doubts I will have a relapse and even if I do, I have the coping skills to deal with it!

I'm not going to kid myself and say I'll never fall back into old ways of thinking that might get me into trouble -- a "growth spurt" as the program calls it -- maybe it'll be when we decide to have our next baby, or move, or a career change, but I know that I am strong enough to handle stress and my own emotions.

I owe this program everything, I owe GOD everything for bringing this program into my life.

THANK YOU Stress CENTRE. I am happy, healthy and LOVING LIFE AGAIN!

Polaris

Re: I DID IT!!

Post by Polaris » Sat Apr 20, 2013 4:20 pm

Way to go!!!