I'm going to do it! I'm going to FLY!!!

Share your successes with others
MirandaLey

I'm going to do it! I'm going to FLY!!!

Post by MirandaLey » Mon Dec 17, 2012 11:56 am

Hi everyone! So I'm on Lesson 8 and let me just say... I am feeling so optimistic, assertive and empowered. I am feeling full of self-concidence and have realistic expectations now! I am full of positive, self-assuring talk to myself and others. This program is transforming my life and it just keeps getting better and better.

I am now on Lesson 8, and a big part of this lesson and a big theme is to work on the things you've been avoiding. I don't have too many avoidances, but one of my BIG ones is flying. I haven't flown in about four or five years. I didn't want to book a flight with a commercial airline company since those are upwards of $1,000 where I live, but I have an even better plan.

My husband, baby girl and I will be down in the southern part of Manitoba (a Canadian province) visiting family in the new year. I contacted the city's flying club to see if they give aerial tours of the city. I explained to the man I talked to (who was very nice and admitted that he's not the biggest fan of flying either) that I have a fear of flying but feel ready to challenge this fear. He was so encouraging and positive and said many people with a fear of flying come to them. So, for about $70, sometime in the new year, my husband and I are going on a half-hour aerial tour of the city, just the two of us and the pilot! It's not a huge plane and it won't be going above the clouds but that's okay, this is a great first step. Plus I was told that now is the best time of year to fly since the cold air of winter time is very smooth.

I am SO excited. I'm not even feeling anxious yet, although I'm sure I will as I get closer to the date. I can't help but ask myself, "What if this is a whole new beginning for me? What if I get up there and feel so exhilerated and liberated and actually discover that I really love flying? What if I feel so proud of myself that I empower myself to make other changes in my life?"

I am so proud of myself. I can't WAIT to try out my new skills!!!

coachchris

Re: I'm going to do it! I'm going to FLY!!!

Post by coachchris » Mon Dec 17, 2012 2:20 pm

Woohoo! I just flew a few weeks ago. It was amazing! Glad to hear that you are finding lesson 8 so helpful.

Celebrating with you!

Coach Chris