Off of Xanax (Alprasolam) My experience

Share your successes with others
DolphinG

Off of Xanax (Alprasolam) My experience

Post by DolphinG » Thu Aug 30, 2012 1:15 pm

Hey Everyone Dolphin G here
just wanted to share with all what i beleive to be a triumph for me.
after one year of taking alprasolam (xanax) for anxiety GAD i have finally gone through that wall and my last .25 pill was taken on 8/17/12,that is two weeks ago,
I just want to say i took it slowly wining down the dose from 3x aday to 2x a day to once a day and finally to none.
I did have some headaches and mild symptoms for the first day or two but not to bad.
remember we are all different and always consult with your doctor before getting yourself off of any meds.
But i think you all need to hear this ,at least this was my experienced beeing under the influence of xanax and beeing without it.
while beeing on it my anxiety was much less ofcourse and it worked for me, heart palpitations were less, nervesnouse was also less ,however i was getting these light headed floating like feelings after a few hours of taking it for the majority of the day like if i was high , and noticed when i started wining the xanax down those feelings were less and less.
I started taking St johns wort natural herbs for depresion and vitamins everyday, exercise at least 3 to 4x a week for at least 30 to 45 minutes and followed the program as best as i could ,
i am on session 10 now , and have a long way to go couse i keep going back and forward filtering the past sessions as well.
I have noticed that my anxiety levell by not taking the xanax have increased a bit, i feel more anxiouse ofcourse but i rather have a feeling that i can control with the program skills than a feeling that i cant do to the xanax rebound.
I told myself i would only take a pill if i really am in a bad panic attack and thats also the way my doctor had suggest me to take it only if needed NOT as a vitamin or as you take a blood pressure medication.
Bottom line the xanax did help me durring bad episodes , but the skills and tools that i am learning everyday with this program it's whats changing my life.
Keep at it and God Bless you all