THERE IS HOPE- MUST READ

Share your successes with others
nbast05

THERE IS HOPE- MUST READ

Post by nbast05 » Sat Jul 07, 2012 4:32 pm

I have finally found a glimpse of freedom... I do not know what exactly changed but I feel my mental state has changed indefinitely. I was constantly in an internal struggle with myself about how I felt or what was going on in my body. My symptoms ranged from headaches lasting weeks to surrealness to feelings of impending doom and pretty much every other symptom you could possibly have. I was afraid to be places alone I was afraid to do things drink and have fun because I was afraid of losing control. I think my anxiety came into my life for a good reason to help me find who I truly am. It made me realize that I am never in control of anything and God is always in control. Why would he ever want to harm you? He's putting me through this to learn something and become better for it. My success started about 3 days ago when I finally realized that all these symptoms and feelings could never hurt me. I let go of all my worry and just lived life. After 3 years of tough times and suffering I am finally free of anxiety. There will still be slight feelings of anxiousness but hey anxiousness makes you feel alive. Lexapro was a big help to me I would take it every night (10mg) and it helped me so much. Don't be afraid to try new things and see what works for you. We are all different so different approaches will work for all of us. I am just posting this to let you know there is always hope and you are never alone. I found myself in a big rut feeling down and out, but I got back up and pushed through it. Although I did not do everything in this program, I would talk to someone that went through it and he helped me whenever I needed him. It is good to find people you know who are going through the same thing because you can talk to them about it. He helped me stay on task and gain my self confidence back. Don't overwhelm yourself with all of these topics and facts on the internet about anxiety. Stay off the internet and computer. Get out there and do something be active! Drink a lot of water. Try to eat better it does wonders. Stay on a routine. And, Lastly go out there and try new things don't be afraid to fail and have fun! People like us are always successful in this world. Don't let this little anxiety get you down and keep you from being the person you want to become. Be Anxiety free. If you have any questions just message me. Thanks for your time. Be patient... good things take time. God is good.

Nick

bob p

Re: THERE IS HOPE- MUST READ

Post by bob p » Sun Jul 08, 2012 8:07 am

hey nick congratulations you have done it i am also on the same path i had soooooooo many fearful thoughts and feelings it was so scary but i never gave up now when i feel some feelings and thoughts coming on i float with them even though i am the type of person who likes to disect everything and i can now figure out why the feelings and thoughts arise usually for me it is overwhelming myself with too much to do or being afraid to conquer something good luck and thank you for the post bob pollock

nbast05

Post by nbast05 » Sun Jul 08, 2012 6:15 pm

Thanks Mr. Pollock! Best of luck to you as well. It is really hard not to analyze and dissect things because people that have bad anxiety are usually the ones who do these things trying to figure out what is wrong when nothing is truly wrong... it is a tough thing to overcome.. but with time it can be done:)

bob p

Post by bob p » Thu Jul 12, 2012 6:44 am

you are right once we know that we can float through any discomfort and come out of the terrible feelings ok that is when we will feel that sense of security that we want. never give up never. have a great day.

Ravenfan

Post by Ravenfan » Sun Jul 15, 2012 5:00 pm

Thanks for this post. I am in week 13 of the program, went back on meds and am making greats strides in therapy. It has been a struggle, and not everyday comes easy but I am much improved from six months ago.
I appreciate your encouragement and look forward to the day when I don't worry so much about life, and just live.
Best,
Jill