expectations

Share your successes with others
mmwillie928

expectations

Post by mmwillie928 » Thu May 17, 2012 9:48 pm

i have been doing the program for a second time. i have been on week 4 about expectations for a while.
i have seen so much more of what that session is about than i did before.
i have experienced more relaxation and more of an ability in doing the work in the program cause i have learned patience with myself and to not expect so much from myself.
i didn't realize how much i really expect from myself. in re-doing the written work from week 4 and really looking in depth at things, and also being more aware of things like how much i say "i should...", i have been able to deflect so much of hard ass ways towards myself. like when i go to do something, i don't put so much pressure on myself. also when i feel insecure about what others think of me or if they will like me, i remember that i am not guaranteed that i will be a popular person but that doesn't make me any less than others and i don't need their validation to like and take care of myself. my successes aren't marked by me focusing on the idea that i didn't do good enough or do exactly what i wanted. im not so worried about being anxious cause i know it's ok for me to be anxious cause im not perfect and i don't have to be, and if i am anxious i can help myself with the tools i have learned. it has just helped me be more relaxed and i am excited about the growth and the potential for what else is down the road!
big thing i have to constantly remind myself is to be patient with myself and the work i am doing. i constantly deal with feeling like i should be further than i am now, but then i see all that i have accomplished and the time isn't so important. this helps me feel more relaxed which helps to make progress.
i hope this is an inspiration to many! =)

Iwillbebetter

Re: expectations

Post by Iwillbebetter » Sun May 20, 2012 11:33 am

Thanks for the post!! I think it's always a inspiration to hear of others sucess!! :) I know I also have to remind myself of what I have done to get even where I am so it's ok that I"m not farther!! A statement someone made here has REALLY helped me with that!!

It's not the speed that matters, but the direction in which you are headed!! I repeat this to myself often!! :)
"Only rainbows after rain, the sun will always come again, and it's a cirlce, circling around again it comes around again...."