assertive success!

Share your successes with others
darlingirl

assertive success!

Post by darlingirl » Sun Apr 15, 2012 12:18 pm

I am happy to say that I did well in practicing my assertiveness this week! Boy there were many opportunities! You know it doesn't take all the pain away, it still hurts to go through it, but I know that it will get better. That's also where taking care of myself fits in. I know that it will help me with my emotions through it as well, so that will eventually get better too. This is a great skill for work or getting a job where you can really create it to be the job that you want it to be in many ways. Certainly a much more emotionally safe job. My family is where I see this to be the hardest and most unhealthy. Anyone else? :)
I am planning that as I go through the workbook that changes will come bit by bit. But you know I really have had so many successes I hardly have time to celebrate them all! I am spending this weekend resting and taking care of myself so I can keep at it. I have a group called Freedom from fear and I plan to bring a dessert to share as a way of celebrating my sucesses this week! You know it's not without struggles, but this time I am going to blow-up and focus on the sucesses. Appreciate you guys!

perspectivegirl

Re: assertive success!

Post by perspectivegirl » Sun Apr 15, 2012 8:37 pm

That is so awesome, darlingirl!

It's so important to recognize and be proud of your achievements. and lord knows it ain't easy! :lol:
The workbook was always one of the most integral things for me, I would legitimately make me take time to think about how my brain was working and how I was basically doing everything to myself. Struggles are just little steps to success in my book. Keep on keepin' on.

Iwillbebetter

Re: assertive success!

Post by Iwillbebetter » Thu Apr 19, 2012 8:49 am

Thanks for the post darlingirl :) It's so nice/important to recognize our sucesses. Especially when it's so much easier to focus on our failures! :)
"Only rainbows after rain, the sun will always come again, and it's a cirlce, circling around again it comes around again...."