changing my reactions

Share your successes with others
Iwillbebetter

changing my reactions

Post by Iwillbebetter » Sun Apr 01, 2012 8:11 am

Although it was probably a week ago now, I did have a GREAT experience. About a week ago, something happened between my boyfriend and I (that has happened before) normally in this situation, I am left to feel inadequite, unloved etc.. just NOT GOOD. This time when it happened, I was able to seperate myself from those feeling and see the situation for what it was. And I walked away still feeling good!! :) For just one moment I started in to the normally reaction/feelings, but was able to catch myself right away!! :) :) :)
"Only rainbows after rain, the sun will always come again, and it's a cirlce, circling around again it comes around again...."

NeverQuit

Re: changing my reactions

Post by NeverQuit » Sun Apr 01, 2012 2:51 pm

That's great! I find I over-react a lot too, especially when I am more hormonal, I tend to think the worst of people and over-react to any negativity, or make something completely up in my head!
That's great that you were able to see that process happening in your brain and stop it! It sounds like it might tie into expectations too, having realistic expectations of other people and correcting our negative dialogue when they don't meet those expectations.

Iwillbebetter

Re: changing my reactions

Post by Iwillbebetter » Mon Apr 02, 2012 7:49 am

Yes I tend to be pretty good at over-reacting and creating things in my head that aren't really there. It was so great to see it and stop it!! :) Hopefully I can start to do that more often!! Practice practice practice :) I agree expectations deffinately plays a role there also. :)
"Only rainbows after rain, the sun will always come again, and it's a cirlce, circling around again it comes around again...."