overcame fear!

Share your successes with others
bob p

overcame fear!

Post by bob p » Tue Mar 13, 2012 11:41 pm

wow! i have been going through anxiety and just not feeling right for sooooooooo long and it is sooooo wearing on me. this time i decided to talk it out with a friend instead of being embarrassed by my thoughts and feelings. i talked it out and it was so freeing. to make a long story short, my problems stem from my unstable childhood which has given me an insecure feeling about myself. my son is my twin (abit insecure too) so maybe it is just that i would have been a sensitive person no matter how my childhood turned out. anyway, talking about religion and the whole evil and good thing has put a fear into me because i felt that when i got my anxious feeling this was uh oh the evil or devil. good God thank God this is just a fearful thought and when i started to talk to my buddy rick about it ( who is very religious ) i would hold my breath because i was just waiting for him to come out and say thats correct this is the devil so i would never want to talk about it and this was avoiding my fear which kept it in me. this time i talked it out with him and even though he could have said my worst fears were correct, i was ready to let him know i didnt believe that. i know that this fear i faced is my doorway into freedom from fear and i hope everyone else out there faces their fears and truly understands that they will come out of it ok. nothing is going to hurt them.

Iwillbebetter

Re: overcame fear!

Post by Iwillbebetter » Wed Mar 14, 2012 9:08 am

bob p wrote:my son is my twin (abit insecure too) so maybe it is just that i would have been a sensitive person no matter how my childhood turned out.
I have found my children to be my "twins" also as you say. But I am seeing as I am working on myself and changing things within myself, they are changing also!! Lucinda says it can be genetic, I also think it can be learned. If you are insecure, how could you teach you son to be anything else, until you learn different :)

I am glad you were able to have that talk with your friend I could imagine how helpful that was. It can be so freeing sometimes just to "get it out" I have found this with my writting, as there are not many I will talk with.

And yes we will be ok - our thoughts can not hurt us any longer!!
"Only rainbows after rain, the sun will always come again, and it's a cirlce, circling around again it comes around again...."

awake2

Re: overcame fear!

Post by awake2 » Tue Mar 27, 2012 9:07 pm

Good for you!! This is a great step and I am sure you will have many more victories to come! :D