Standing up to a boss

Share your successes with others
wintrbelle

Standing up to a boss

Post by wintrbelle » Thu Jan 26, 2012 3:22 pm

I just wanted to share because the past couple weeks have been awful at my new job. My first paycheck was only $18 and when I contacted my supervisor about it she would never answer my questions by email or phone directly. I got advice and sent her an email clearly stating my two questions about my paycheck and she sent me an email back about my paycheck but not answering either question.

I am sure you can all imagine the stress and anxiety I've been facing due to this situation. Anyone would be stressed out about it, but why me when I'm trying to work on my anxiety????

Anyway, I finally emailed her and said that since I have been unable to reach her by email or phone, I would like to set up a time to talk by phone to discuss these issues. I am always so anxious in situations like these that I just keep talking and usually end up saying something that is akward or causes more problems. I got advice from a friend who said to ask my question and then be silent; thereby forcing her to answer. It was so hard and it took a lot of effort, but I did it!!!!

I have never been that silent on a phone call....but she answered the questions and even apologized! I had been so stressed and anxious about this and it all turned out okay!

chrisostring

Re: Standing up to a boss

Post by chrisostring » Wed Feb 15, 2012 9:44 pm

WAY TO GO lol thats a big step great job :)

awake2

Re: Standing up to a boss

Post by awake2 » Tue Mar 27, 2012 9:13 pm

That is so amazing, good for you!! Something that definetly helps me keep thingss in perspective is keeping a Victory Log, and record any small accomplishments or bigger goals, anything that I;m proud to have accomplished! And then anytime I'm feeling nervous or scared and really not in the mood to do something, I can review it and see that I have done it before and it makes me feel a little bit stronger, and better about myself, like go me lol!