keeping on

Share your successes with others
mmwillie928

keeping on

Post by mmwillie928 » Thu Jan 12, 2012 12:50 am

today was just one of those days where i felt a lot of anxious voices. i felt like the negativity was a lil in overdrive today. anytime i would say something positive to myself, it was like there was a negative voice RIGHT away to combat it, and i would have to come right back. but when i come back at those negative voices, it's like i have to be mindful of what tone i use in reply. a lot of times i tend to think of myself as the negative voice, so if i come back all forceful or irritated, i feel anxoius cause i feel like i just came back at myself like "dumby". so, when i simply change my tone and try to be more respectful to myself, it is easier to deal with the negativity.

Iwillbebetter

Re: keeping on

Post by Iwillbebetter » Thu Jan 12, 2012 11:31 pm

that is a good point and so true. Even when talking to ourselves, it's not just what we say, but how we say it. A positive statement doesn't have much impact if it doesn't have the "tone" to match it!
"Only rainbows after rain, the sun will always come again, and it's a cirlce, circling around again it comes around again...."

ACann

Re: keeping on

Post by ACann » Thu Jan 19, 2012 4:11 pm

I have found observing the thoughts and not adding to them makes them go away...over time that is. Remember "float and flow," they ARE scarey thoughts trying to distract you from whatever you are really concerned about.

P.S. I don't know why this condition makes us want to listen to anxiety and depression but it wants us to pay attention to "them," it's annoying really. It needs to get the heck away. But I have also found to let it be useful. Like a warning to ask myself, "how am I thinking right now?" What have I heard, saw or done that I may be thinking this way...

AC