I made it!!

Share your successes with others
Iwillbebetter

I made it!!

Post by Iwillbebetter » Thu Dec 15, 2011 8:34 am

So I have "issues" with going out and doing things on my own. I also have "issues" with making purchases for myself (not nessesities, but anything else) and I am VERY indesisive.
So I had planned to get dinner and do a little "me" shopping after work. Before getting off I was already thinking of reasons that I should just go home, and do it another day. Even leaving work I drive by my house to get to the store, thought again I should just go home. But I didn't I went to eat, although I only went to drive-thur and ate in my car, that's more than I've done before. (I didn't have it in me to go in and eat)
Even thought about going home after dinner, but decided I should just go on with it. The kids are fine, there is NO reason for me to go home. So to the store I went and I actually slightly enjoyed it. I went with the intent of getting a few things for myself. I wanted some yoga accessories, I decided I at least needed a block. Now normally when I set to the store to get things for myself, I will got and put a few things in my cart, but by the time I leave I've managed to talk myself out of buying anything in my cart that was not needed or things for kids...
I bought not only a block but a beginners kit, came with matt, strap, block and video!!! I also got myself a planner (hoping I will be able to start "getting out") and one of those daily positive thought type books. I didn't put anything back that I put in my cart. Don't think I didn't want to, but I used my skills and told myself I am worth it, I deserve it etc. and I was able to do it!!
"Only rainbows after rain, the sun will always come again, and it's a cirlce, circling around again it comes around again...."

chrisostring

Re: I made it!!

Post by chrisostring » Wed Feb 15, 2012 9:47 pm

That is great i smiled the whole time i read that. What you put is very inspirational too. Very uplifting great job im glad that you made it and pulled through it all again Great job

LyndaLu

Post by LyndaLu » Thu Feb 23, 2012 10:54 pm

I am now going to start recognizing all of the little "triumphs" I have thoughout the day and
throughout the week, no matter how small. Every time I have to run an errand and actually
get out of my car will be a "triumph" because I currently like to use the drive-thru lane to
order food, mail a letter, do my banking or pick up a prescription. I never have to get out of
my car ! I have been doing this for a while now without really realizing it. Thanks for sharing
your story with us and helping to inspire me to do better. Lynda.

Iwillbebetter

Post by Iwillbebetter » Fri Feb 24, 2012 8:27 am

Always happy to share, it can be so easy to not see the "little triumphs" I think my first time in the program I missed a lot of my little accomplishments, I was to busy focusing on and looking for the BIG steps I didn't even realize all the little steps I had made!!! :)
"Only rainbows after rain, the sun will always come again, and it's a cirlce, circling around again it comes around again...."