Also posted in Session 3 :):)

Share your successes with others
Iwillbebetter

Also posted in Session 3 :):)

Post by Iwillbebetter » Wed Dec 14, 2011 10:17 am

so a quick back ground - my boyfriend works overnights. I stay home with kids - 3 days a week I go to work after putting them down for naps. My boyfriend is a driver, so if he is not driving someone he can just hang out at home..... I have always held on to this "jealousy" of this. He, very often, can just hang out with his friends (that he works with and things) they come over and play video games and things.
So my sister (whom I have some issues with but will work on) just got a new job that will be overnights. She starts tomorrow and needs to adjust her schedule. So she decided she wanted to hang out here last night since my boyfriend is up, instead of staying at her house where she has to be even more quite due to light, light sleepers. Ok I can understand that. So I just say to my boyfriend before bed, I'm ok with her staying for a few hours, but not much longer (Due to issues I have with her not him)
So this morning he tells me he left at 1 and told her to shut things down before she goes, he gets back at 5 and she's still here. Well his car is in the shop, so he had to return the car he was borrowing so since she was here he had her take him, then after they went out to breakfast.
Well morning have not been good for me lately. I've been getting better at it. But I use to wake up I guess feeling negative and then fed and fed it all morning long. So as soon as I get up, not even out of the bed he tells me this. I was fine until he got to the breakfast part. Right away in my head, what he gets to go out for breakfast, I don't get to go out for breakfast, much less with a friend must be nice.. etc.. he could tell I was bothered (normally I would have said I was fine came down and fed the negative. Instead I let him know why I was bothered and that I realize it's silly and out of his control it's just bothersome. Then I had to run to gas station to get milk quick. At this time I had time to sort things out in my head etc.... So I came home, and let him know although I was slightly bothered I know that is how things are and I know that if I wanted to I could do more, I have just chosen to not. Then I also let him know I was VERY happy he took her to breakfast (they both "bump heads" a bit) and I really appreciated it!
I was able to take the negative, and to me it was a pretty big negative and I totally turned it around to a positive.
And with that, I was also able to see that I don't get time for me, because of ME. That will be worked on also. I will be taking some time to go shopping after work tonight. Alone and the shopping will not be for household items it will be stuff for me. (relaxation items, yoga items etc)
I haven't felt SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO good about something so simple in so long!!!
"Only rainbows after rain, the sun will always come again, and it's a cirlce, circling around again it comes around again...."