Telephone anxiety beat

Share your successes with others
ANielsen

Telephone anxiety beat

Post by ANielsen » Sat Oct 08, 2011 11:57 am

Wow.. this just dawned on me today.

Prior to completing the program, I had serious phone anxiety. I hated using it, other than talking to those I am very close and comfortable with. I avoided ordering food, ignored co-workers calls, emailed rather than called when I knew I needed an immediate answer. It was effecting my social life and my work life significantly.

3 years later, I work in a call center for a major hospital. I'm on the phone all day long! I still hate it, but now I hate it because of other reasons and not because of anxiety. I order pizza, I call companies just to inquire about things, and while I still dislike calling people I don't know so well on a personal level for social things, I will when it's necessary.

That's a definite triumph.

perspectivegirl

Re: Telephone anxiety beat

Post by perspectivegirl » Tue Oct 11, 2011 2:27 am

That's so awesome! It's so good and healthy-feeling to be able to look back at yourself like that and think, "Wow, I've come so far." It looks like your life has really turned around. Congrats :]

Iwillbebetter

Re: Telephone anxiety beat

Post by Iwillbebetter » Thu Dec 15, 2011 8:24 am

It's so wonderful when we can see/realize these things!! It's nice to know we really are improving!! It's funny I to have phone anxiety, as far as calling to order food, calling compainies if I have issues. Even at work we have to ask for 10 minute breaks - everyone else calls to ask, me I e-mail. Funny thing is I work in a call center and have for over 10 years. For work it doesn't seem to bother me (it is all incoming calls) but when I am the one to have to make the phone call, ha, no way!!

Good for you!!
"Only rainbows after rain, the sun will always come again, and it's a cirlce, circling around again it comes around again...."