Moving On

Share your successes with others
NeverQuit

Moving On

Post by NeverQuit » Tue Jun 28, 2011 11:55 am

Yesterday I faced a few "what if" scary thoughts and fears. I recently ended a relationship and while still getting over anxiety. He is a very good friend of mine but it's been hard jumping from a relationship to a friendship again. I was invited to a party with some friends who are also close to him and was worried that there might be some tension there as it would be the first time the two of us were together with our friends again. I was worried that some of my friends who are close to both of us might even have chosen sides in their heads and treat me differently, but I actually felt like they were very warm and friendly with me, and he was as well. I am fighting the temptation to over-analyze again and turn inward on myself to questioning if I am still too emotionally attached, etc., which is what I do when I obsess and get anxious - question myself. But I was reminded this morning of when Lucinda talks in one of my lessons on one of the older CDs about this woman who drove for the first time in years and was just beating herself up for her perceived mistakes, when Lucinda says that what she should have done was build herself up and praise herself for being brave enough to FACE her fears!! So I am happy for another lesson learned and also that I WAS brave enough to step out and face my fears and try something, and trust God that He would and will work everything out. :)

Iwillbebetter

Re: Moving On

Post by Iwillbebetter » Thu Dec 22, 2011 10:19 am

I know this post is older, but thanks it's always nice to see others progress. And good for you!! It can take a lot to get up and face our fears!! And good for you for not turning inward on yourself!! or as you said over-analyzing.... It would have been easy to do the "mind-reading" thing in assuming some would chose sides, or treat you differently.

You deserve a HUGE pat on the back !!! :) Way to go!!
"Only rainbows after rain, the sun will always come again, and it's a cirlce, circling around again it comes around again...."

NeverQuit

Post by NeverQuit » Thu Dec 22, 2011 6:10 pm

Thank you for the encouragement! Funny you would post on this, this was my first relationship and therefore first break-up, so I am still working through all of it, but God has brought me a long way from where I was a year ago, or even since I broke up with him, and I am so glad for that.

He is home for Christmas, and since we both move in the same circle of friends I have seen him. He has put up more walls than over the summer, so I am taking this as another step in me moving on and trusting God that He has my future under control.

I have a tendency to want to take things into my own hands, to control people, make them like me or be happy with me, so it is VERY hard for me to put up boundaries to protect my own heart. But I know that it's what is best for me and what God would want me to do. I am working on expectations and I know that this is another growing experience!

Hope this will help anyone else who is going through or will go through a similar situation. :)

Iwillbebetter

Post by Iwillbebetter » Fri Dec 23, 2011 8:51 am

there weren't much for new posts, so I thought it would be good to look at some others "triumphs" to help "bring me up" and couldn't help but to reply to this. Break-ups can be such a hard thing.
I know for at least a year I thought I should "leave" my boyfriend, but just couldn't do it. Now that I am working on myself, we are working on us to. But that only came from me telling him I was going to leave, which led into one of the most open discussions we ever had and decided to give it one more try. But now it's more like a "real" try because I was able to express myself instead of just bitting my tongue and agreeing/apologizing...
Sounds like maybe a good thing I replied, maybe a reminder of how good you felt for doing what you needed to do for you. especially with him being in town and all.
I am the same way with wanting to be "like/accepted" it's so hard when you know that someone has a problem with you, to not try to take control and make them like you. It's funny I'm starting to see a lot of the people that we want to "like" us are people that we would probably be better off without anyway. :)
I am just starting in the expectations and do I ever have my work cut out for me :lol: :lol: :)
"Only rainbows after rain, the sun will always come again, and it's a cirlce, circling around again it comes around again...."