Sharing Triumphs!

Share your successes with others
InternalSun

Sharing Triumphs!

Post by InternalSun » Mon May 30, 2011 5:35 am

This is my second time going through the program, and I'm currently on Session 13. After the first time, I took a week to digest the information, and immediately started again. Before I'd possesed them, I'd only rarely ever felt the unique combination of calm and power I get from using these skills. Since starting the program, I've: moved out of a bad living situation, and into one conducive to healing; increased my productivity and impressed my boss and coworkers at work, and am heading toward a raise; have taken up a dancing hobby; take boxing lessons; jog several times a week, and work out, and have significantly changed my physique for the better; have started training as a yoga instructor; and I've discovered how to not only to stay on track, but also how to navigate my way when I get lost!*

I used to hide in the back room when guests I didn't know came over...I'm 24.

Ha! Now my past behavior is my humorous thought.

"Whether you can or you can't, either way, you are right." -Henry Ford

"As below, so above, and beyond, I imagine." -Tool

*Plus too many other benefits to list!

Havefaith21

Re: Sharing Triumphs!

Post by Havefaith21 » Sun Jun 05, 2011 3:20 pm

Way to go!! Thats awesome!! Keep up the good work! I am having a really hard time right now, leaving my house, I am dealing with agoraphobia, I have a fear of passing out.... So Im hoping this program will work for me too! :) Again CONGRATS!

bunny rabbit

Post by bunny rabbit » Sun Jun 05, 2011 8:35 pm

Hi Everyone: I had a triumph this weekend going to see my father after being told by my mother that he only has a few days to live. He is 90, has kidney failure and a host of other problems. My mother said he was no longer eating or drinking. I was very stressed about seeing him. I wrote a card and letter expressing my love and gratitude for him. I used the breathing exercises on the way to calm myself down. When I arrived no one was in his room! Here he was in the lounge area, up in his electric scooter, and half dressed. I was shocked. Needless to say I am going to have to take everything my mother says from here on in with a grain of salt. I did phone my brother after talking to her and left a message but he didn't call me back. When I was leaving my mother was arriving and I choose not to confront her about her exaggerated scene she described for me the night before. She would deny saying it as always so what's the point?

Paisleegreen

Post by Paisleegreen » Tue Jun 07, 2011 2:56 pm

Way to go, Internal Sun! That is quite the triumph story! Thanks for sharing!

Bunnyrabbit-- so sorry to hear about what your mother had to say about your father. I have a DD that does that about things. We as a family sort of have her figured out, so we stay more calm with her stories. My husband likes to exaggerate, so I've come to question him when he tells stories and then he gets upset, so I know what you mean. I don't know if it a male thing or part of his growing up or self esteem thing. Maybe thinking that people won't believe me if I tell the true story thinking it might not be exciting enough.

But then my in laws seem to down play the true stories. My father in law definitely is having problems in his old age and they brush it off when I tell them they better plan and take is driving privileges away. Not sure if it is a denial thing or fearful of upsetting dear old Dad. Anyway, human beings are funny...we all have our differences and family dynamics and ways of coping with things.

I was raised with more matter of fact conversation which sometimes, can not be the most fun conversation. My mother is an RN and so never panicked or get excited about illnesses or scrapes and bruises. So it was very strange to have them be concern later when I was having difficulty with my first baby. The labor was long and later I ended up with high blood pressure and a high fever and I delivered and ended up in ICU and then a private room. They ended up putting me on sodium penthatal to lower my blood pressure and keep me calm, all the time not quite sure what I had.

My mother and father wanted me to get a different Dr but I felt I was in good hands. Finally determined that I had Pre-Eclampsia, which usually is diagnosed a head of time not after I delivered my baby. I did show signs of it but they didn't realize, even though if they were looking they might have seen the signs before I delivered.

Anyway, after all of this, my mother was upset that I left my hospital room to take a bath for an episiotomy and I had a scheduled "Bath" room and I had to take it. My mother came in with a visitor that was her work associate. I excused myself to take this bath that was "sorely" needed and this was the first time I was functional after being in the hospital bed for a week. I'm sorry I couldn't stay and visit this lady who was my mother's friend, but there is a reason why it is called a Hospital.

When I came back from my bath, my mother basically scolded me for being in so many words, "rude" because I didn't stay to visit. I was pretty stunned by the whole situation. Especially with her being a nurse and my mother who you would think would be more concerned about my health than her friend meeting me. But that is sort of how she was all the while growing up is being more concerned what other people thought.

I didn't even live in that town anymore, I just went to my hometown due to my insurance covered the hospital, which was an HMO at the time.

So I understand how Mom's can be or certain people can be, as I have a sister with the same type of problem in a different way.
Congrats on your Triumph! I'm glad you made the visit and found out all is well. I'm heading to a family reunion where seeing my father in law might just be a different story. Paislee :mrgreen:

bunny rabbit

Post by bunny rabbit » Tue Jun 07, 2011 3:49 pm

Thank you Paislee for your reply. I hope your visit with your FIL went well. I did confront my mother about her comments to me exaggerating my father's condition. I believe I was nicely assertive stating on the phone to her that I felt like I was made a fool of and that in future I am not going to believe her stories. Thank you for sharing. It's nice to know I'm not alone. Blessings from Bunny

Paisleegreen

Post by Paisleegreen » Wed Jun 08, 2011 12:33 am

Hi Bunny, I haven't gone yet, it is coming up. I'm glad you were able to talk to your mother about what happened. Good for you! :D Paislee :mrgreen:

Paisleegreen

Post by Paisleegreen » Tue Jun 14, 2011 5:05 pm

Hi, I'm back from my trip! It worked out well! I even rode a bike with my sister in law down to the river bike path. It was great fun! I hadn't ridden a bike for two years, that I can think of. I did ride my own bike for a test a year ago, so I did great on another person's bike with the seat higher than I thought it should be. :D Paislee :mrgreen:

bunny rabbit

Post by bunny rabbit » Wed Jun 22, 2011 3:00 pm

My recent triumph is to simply pray with my father as he lay on his deathbed in the hospital. I didn't try to keep him awake. I just held his hand, cried and prayed. The nurse came in to give him an injection because he was so agitated after seeing my mother the previous day and when she came in he was calm and peaceful as I was praying for him. It was amazing. My whole attitude has changed as a result of prayer and changing my perspective. His body is a perishing container. It is what the container holds that is truly important. That is where my focus needs to be. I am feeling far more peaceful than I have in months about his dying process. Blessings from Bunny