Went in 6 places today

Share your successes with others
Ricky Szczygielski

Post by Ricky Szczygielski » Fri Jun 19, 2009 4:32 pm

Hey guys if you don't already know me my name is Ricky and I have been suffering from panic attacks for 6 years now. It was pretty bad the first 5 and a half years but this last half a year it's been on and off. I realized facing it is the only way it's going to improve so that's what I have started. I am graduating high school in a few days and after I'm taking a year off to work and recover from the panic attacks. My goal for that time I have off is to go out as much as possible, get a good group of friends that I can go out places with and possibly a nice girlfriend ;) LOL. Today was the start, I went out to 6 places and went in every one even though some of them I didn't want to go into I decided that the only way to beat the panic is to face it so that motivated me to go everywhere. Just to go a little off topic I used to play video games a lot to kind of escape life and I recently sold my video games and I think that has changed my life so much for the better. So if any of you guys are playing a lot of video games to escape from the panic get rid of them because they are only holding you back.

Post by Guest » Tue Jun 23, 2009 9:26 am

Ricky, I can feel the energy that goes behind your writing and it is refreshing. I hope your youth and energy continues to soar you through this program so that you can make a complete (not to mention quick) recovery from anxiety. It sounds like you are making a lot of good choices (such as selling your video games) to move your life in the right direction. Keep it up! People, such as myself, are cheering for you!

Also, get into romantic relationships was a big fear of mine, so I wish you lots of luck in that department. I also have not played a life-consuming RPG in a while, but still like to keep the fighting games handy for stress related reasons.

Post by Guest » Tue Jun 23, 2009 6:03 pm

Thanks for the reply Lena. Romantic relationships is also a fear of mine lol but mostly because I'm not confident and I read a lot about how girls like guys confident. Oh well maybe I'll meet someone when I start working in a few months. Fighting games are always good for stress :P, I used to play rpgs myself but they are way too addictive because that's the way they are meant to be, they always put health warning on them to not play for long periods of time but if you don't spend a lot of time playing them you will never be good.

Post by Guest » Wed Jun 24, 2009 7:51 am

Ricky, I am so happy for you, and, at the risk of sounding like a parent, I am really proud of you as well. You are young and nipping it in the bud. My best to you and with your perseverence you will definitely have continued success with victory after victory. Go for it! And do not give up until you have reached where you want to be.

I'd like to add - that everytime you have a victory (even if you feel anxiety with it, it's still a victory!) put it down on a 5 x 7 card. You can go back to read those to keep you motivated to move on and forward.