Finally

Share your successes with others
davyfern

Finally

Post by davyfern » Fri May 06, 2011 5:14 pm

HI all,

I struggled with nervousness and dizzy feelings for a few years. Then last December 23rd I had a massive panic attack at work caused me to think I was having a heart attack. I was wheeled out of the office and taken to the emergency room by paramedics. Of course it wasn't my heart; a nurse told me it was just anxiety.

The next day I ordered the program and saw quick improvement. However, I struggled after a few weeks because I kept jumping from chapter to chapter. Before I knew it, I was struggling with intense de-personalization, extreme rushes of fear, frustration, and surreal obnixious horrifying thoughts and images that would hound me all day and night. I also couldn't sleep at all.

In desperation, I began looking for a psychologist but couldn't find one and decided to call the Center. They encouraged me to hire a coach to walk me through the program. It's the best thing I have ever done. Period. I just completed my 8th week yesterday and almost all of my symptoms are gone. I can sleep, I don't catastrophize, I am comfortable in my own skin and those horrible thoughts are 99% gone. I have had a few skipped heart beats, but once again I've seen the doctor and I'm fine, so no more worrying.

I have an amazing coach (Wendy) who has listened to my fears and concerns. The program has even straightened out my religious faith. No more "Magical Thinking" that God owes me a perfect life because I had challenges growing up. In the end, I'm at a loss for words. I can't think my coach and Lucinda enough for doing what they do. I just want to cry, I'm so thankful.

Paisleegreen

Re: Finally

Post by Paisleegreen » Mon May 16, 2011 7:04 pm

That's wonderful davyfern! :D I'm so glad you are feeling better! Paislee :mrgreen:

davyfern

Post by davyfern » Wed May 18, 2011 3:50 pm

Thanks Paisleygreen,

I think the tough thing about this is it seems like I'll get a breakthrough but then it'll come back. I know it's going to die out sooner or later. I told my coach that the symptoms remind me of catching a fish: The fish flips and flops and stops then starts up again and then finally dies. It seems like my symptoms are doing the same thing.

Journaling really helps and just going over the materials and especially the weekly coaching I get. I have tons of compassion for all of us who have dealt with this condition. And thank God it's only a condition and not permanent.

-Davyfern

Paisleegreen

Post by Paisleegreen » Thu May 19, 2011 1:33 pm

I always, thought that life should be smooth sailing, boy, was I in for a rude awakening! I've had to struggle with this all the time. I live a good life and I'm doing the right things the best I can, why do bad things keep happening? So I have to readjust my thinking and realize that life is a test, we don't grow if life were easy. I'm always readjusting! LOL! Paislee :mrgreen:

Layha Rae

Post by Layha Rae » Thu May 19, 2011 3:48 pm

I read somewhere that we don't grow when we are on the mountaintop (not much grows up there) it's when we are in the valleys. It's easier when we realize everyone has their problems. I like the bible verse that I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.

tanap

Post by tanap » Thu May 19, 2011 6:06 pm

Davyfern,

How do you hire a coach? I am also interested in that? Do you know if insurance covers the cost? Can you tell me what the cost is? Also, could you tell me about some of the things that you journal about? I am unsure what the journaling is all about and am really at a loss as to what we are to be journaling about. I am so glad you are doing better. It gives me hope as well. -Tana

davyfern

Post by davyfern » Wed May 25, 2011 2:59 pm

Just call StressCenter and ask if they can give you a free consultation so that you can hire a coach. First they'll interview you so they can find out what you need and offer you a coach, and if you want a male or female etc. I asked for someone who had experienced alot of scary thoughts.

I journal about everything. Journaling, surprisingly just makes me feel like I've lifted a big weight off my shoulders. Getting it on paper sure seems to help release it to some extent. I'm still making progress and am not totally recovered but I"m almost there. I think one big trick is to accept the symptoms, say they're only anxiety, they can't hurt me and let them be there for as long as they want. They'll go eventually. They go and come back but a little less intense each time until finally, you'll notice that something is totally gone and then you just continue on that path.

GOd Bless,

David

Paisleegreen

Post by Paisleegreen » Wed May 25, 2011 6:00 pm

Great Thoughts, it has helped me to be able to come here. Journaling has helped, but I haven't done as much since my hands hurt to do journaling with a pen or paper. Advil would help, but it also upsets my stomach. Eventually, I'll get it figured out! ;) Paislee :mrgreen: