I did it!!

Share your successes with others
cj20520

I did it!!

Post by cj20520 » Sat Feb 12, 2011 10:52 am

One of the hardest things for me to do when i was knee deep in anxiety was to go out to dinner. My husband loves to do this and i was always so sick to my stomach that i couldnt eat or it would have a glass of wine to be able to sit there and try. Well this week i finally pushed myself to go and have dinner with a girlfriend. I knew it would not be a lengthy dinner and it was close to home, so i figured it was all good and a go. It was a nice time, i did feel a bit anxious, but I ate and enjoyed the conversation and did not have any wine. Actually, i have not had any wine or caffeine for 7 months and i do feel good about that. Baby steps are just fine for me.

:D

Paisleegreen

Re: I did it!!

Post by Paisleegreen » Sun Feb 13, 2011 12:08 pm

Way to go, C J! :D Isn't that great that you were able to take that babystep and have a good time. Good job on staying off the alcohol and caffeine. Yahoo! :D Paisleegreen :mrgreen:

creamcheesepuff

Post by creamcheesepuff » Tue Feb 15, 2011 1:30 am

so true. The little accomplishments are such a great feeling arent they? No matter how small, when things seem to be so terribly big and ominous around us and a good little thing happens we just breathe a sign of relief.!!!!!
I find that going grocery shopping is stressful.....why???? I cannot fiqure it out, the people there are just out shopping and doing what I am doing!!!! so whats my problem???? Why am I so afraid. I think if we think to ourselves that if anything happens to us while we are out and about that there are good people to help us ALWAYS. I think in this world that 99% of all people want peace, happiness and less stress in their lives. CONGRATS to you on your accomplishment....KEEP GOING< DONT STOP NOW!!!

cj20520

Post by cj20520 » Tue Feb 15, 2011 8:50 am

Thank you for the good wishes. Everyday is a challenge. When i first started the program i felt so good so fast. Now i am actually having some of those old feelings again, which make me feel like i have gone backwards. Its the same triggers as before. I am going to work really hard at lesson 12, as i think it will really point out some needed information about why i do this and hopefully stop the circle of thoughts that i get caught up in.

I so appreciate everyone that comes here and shares their experiences and knowledge. You just never know how many people you are helping, so keep it coming.
cj

Paisleegreen

Post by Paisleegreen » Tue Feb 15, 2011 2:40 pm

I just wanted to add that Lucinda says that sometimes our anxiety will increase as we work the program. So keep that in mind when you feel like you are going backwards. ;) Paislee