Victory...and a question

Share your successes with others
KKross

Victory...and a question

Post by KKross » Sun Jan 23, 2011 11:10 am

This past week was a victorious one for me. I had specific goals that have been hard for me to accomplish lately, but despite having anxiety symptoms, I "floated" through all that and did what I wanted to do. For example, my anxiety has kept me from going to the gym, but this week I did it. I did feel some of the symptoms, such as nausea, weird, spacey feelings, but I talked myself through them and I also waited a few moments to let them pass. I also put myself on a budget to gain control of my finances. I didn't accomplish everything. I still need to work on time management, but I decided to reward myself by congratulating myself and saying positive things repeatedly. My usual reward would be to buy something, but that's not in my new budget. :)

My question concerns my physical symptoms. Does anyone feel sick all the time? I don't have a fever, don't vomit, and I can eat, but I feel frequently nauseaous and run down. I've been to a doctor and he hasn't found anything wrong. I have a physical once a year and my pulse, blood pressure, and blood tests have all been fine. After the physical I had last spring, the doctor said, "Whatever you're doing, keep doing it. Your results are excellent." I'm very grateful for my physical health, and I know this is all anxiety related, but I just wanted to share. It can make getting through the day a challenge. Can anyone relate to this? Thanks

flippinkid

Re: Victory...and a question

Post by flippinkid » Tue Jan 25, 2011 9:25 am

Hello, I don't know where you are in the program but feeling nauseous much of the time was always a big problem for me.
However I have completed the program now and many of the body symptons that I used to have are just not there any more! It's like they have just been wiped out. I almost don't feel right without them!

Keep working on yourself and I'm sure you will get there.....

cadencerecords

Post by cadencerecords » Sat Apr 09, 2011 2:03 am

I on the other hand am just beginning the program and in fact have those same symptoms. One of the physical symptoms related to anxiety is the churning stomach and I feel that this is the cause of the nausea; simply a prolonged churning of the stomach. Recently I have been working out at they gym on a religious basis and watching my diet. Before, the gym gave me certain issues and my diet really consisted of one giant meal a day. I am happy to report that as soon as the end of the first week my symptoms have improved dramatically and the nausea has calmed down significantly, but still has the tendency to act up after big meals, but I blame that mostly on too many meatballs a opposed to the anxiety. Working out has truly done wonders for me and upon leaving the gym I truly feel symptom free, if only for a short period of time, I know that with time those periods will gradually become longer and longer until my symptoms are a things of the past. I hope this helps flippin, stick to the routine and congrats!!!

flippinkid

Post by flippinkid » Sat Apr 09, 2011 6:00 pm

Thanks for the good wishes. I am still going strong. No nausea. I find that exercise helps enormously. I do occasionally find my stomach starting to complain but within a few minutes of self talk and breathing it goes away.

The body is an amazing thing though, and it sometimes transfers the tension to other areas. My neck or shoulders for instance so I just chase them out too.

Stay strong.

Loveslife

Post by Loveslife » Sat Apr 09, 2011 7:40 pm

Hi,
I just want to suggest one thing....

I too was feeling very run down and nauseaus. (sp) I assumed it was from depression actually. But after a serious of events, I had to have blood work drawn, one test lead to another, and it turned out that I was very, very severely anemic. I was so anemic that I had to have infusions of iron every month, until my body was able to restore the iron. It took me about 3 months to feel more energetic, etc.

It turns out that on routine blood test, they don't check for iron deficiency.

I recommend you have your iron levels checked, as a lack of iron can cause all kinds of symptoms that mimic depression.

Loveslife

Post by Loveslife » Sat Apr 09, 2011 7:41 pm

PS
Congratulations on your huge victories. I know how great it can feel when we accomplish what we set out to do.
XO