POSITIVE SELF TALK WORKS!!!!

Share your successes with others
creamcheesepuff

Post by creamcheesepuff » Tue Nov 02, 2010 10:47 am

I find that when I start getting stressed that I just say simple positive things to myself that are easy to remember. Just make up something like " I am strong,I have been through worse, I will do this" The simpler the phrase the better it is. WORKS FABULOUS FOR ME. Or think of HAPPY TIMES OR SOMETHING REAL AMUSING. creamcheese

allie76

Post by allie76 » Wed Nov 03, 2010 10:05 am

Creamcheesepuff :D I feel the same way! When I think negative what if's it makes me feel gross the minute I start thinking positive happy things those yucky feelings deminish! So isn't that proof that you are the key to feeling better! I think so :) I just have to make positive thinking a habit because those negative thoughts seem to come right in but I don't want them anymore. By the way your post made me laugh.

lilchrissy

Re: POSITIVE SELF TALK WORKS!!!!

Post by lilchrissy » Tue Feb 08, 2011 6:29 pm

That's great cremecheese :D Phrases that have helped me a lot too, but for lasting relief I think we all need to learn to think more objectively as well and that's why I still counter my thoughts in the CBT TEA forms a few minutes each day. makes a huge difference for me :mrgreen:

Paisleegreen

Re: POSITIVE SELF TALK WORKS!!!!

Post by Paisleegreen » Sun Feb 13, 2011 12:10 pm

Thanks for the pep talk! Always good to get reaffirmed that what we are working on it going to help us feel better! :) paislee