Made it DR.

Share your successes with others
jillzmind

Post by jillzmind » Sat Oct 23, 2010 9:45 am

j33
I am very proud of you for going!! You did it! Give yourself a round of applause :)
It's something when you face your fears because it takes the edge off.And helps you to do that task again with more ease since you will have that familiarity.
Here a list of some things that I tell myself at the doctor
1.They care about me
2.They have my perfect health as their goal
3.Wellness is what they are dedicated to.
4.Sickness (fill in the blank with yours)Does not scare them or make them anxious. It makes them determined to HELP me feel better.
5. There isn't an illness that they have not seen before and can't handle
6 I know where the restrooms are, I know where the exits are and that the building is very safe.
7. They are trained medical staff to handle any medical emergency so if I should have one I am in the Perfect Place

Now I don't have to say these every time I go . Those are some that I have said in the past to calm myself. I have a good doctor and his nurses are super nice so that helps too
:)
Going is a big step . So again Bravo to you j33. I think you done good ;)

Jill~

Mystikal1231

Post by Mystikal1231 » Sat Oct 23, 2010 1:55 pm

j33825 - that's awesome - congratulations!!! It's amazing how good facing your fears can make you feel sometimes!!! I to listen to them more than once!! I don't even know how many times I've listened to the 3rd one!! Some I listen to over and over!!

God Bless you also!! :) Let me know how it goes next month! :)
** How can you give love to others, or recieve love of others - if you can not 1st love yourself? **

creamcheesepuff

Post by creamcheesepuff » Sat Oct 23, 2010 4:37 pm

Jillzmind.......OH ....I feel so good now being a RN!!!! thanks for that supportive and so wonderful comment about the medical professionals who care for you. You are right. Most of them are dedicated, compassionate, and truly want to make you feel better. Its our goal.
I am even scared going for a physical but that is normal for anyone. A normal worry.however, I have an upper hand in a way and doctors know that they cant intimidate me because I know what I know. One doc wanted to put me on Cholesterol lowering drug without even discussing a diet/exercise/ and stress reduction therapy for me....so you have to be savvy as a patient at times and beat them at their own game. And NEVER be afraid to ask questions!!!!

jillzmind

Post by jillzmind » Tue Nov 16, 2010 11:54 am

Thanks Nurse Cheese :)