I made it....Here's my story.

Share your successes with others
Believeinmyself

Post by Believeinmyself » Tue Apr 27, 2010 6:21 am

I purchased the program in November when I was at my darkest hour after growing up in an abusive, disfunctional family, marrying the wrong man, twenty years later...losing everything in a nasty divorce, including losing my relationship with my teenage sons and my parents, at the same time my oldest son left for the Navy without wanting to say goodbye to me, I was trying to start a new relationship with a wonderful man, but kept exploding at the smallest of things and was employed in a very controlling and intimidating environment facing constant threat of layoffs.

After weeks of seeing therapists..that confirmed I was depressed (duh!!) and offered me drugs and no cooping skills or tools to work through this, I had no energy, motivation and thoughts of suicide...my thought on suicide..was that I would mess that up too and I would only end up wrecking my car and live the rest of my life in a wheelchair. So no, I never really tried it.

One morning I had a revalation!! I had forgotten about my spiritual believes and when that hit me....immediately got out of bed, got on my knees and prayed out loud, sobbing for about 15 minutes...for forgiveness, guidance and for the light to show me the way out of this darkness I was in.

God heard my prayer...I immediately felt the weight of the problems lift from my shoulders...but then I thought...now what?? Now I wait and listen and watch for his next sign.

A couple days later....the sign came!! I was getting ready for work and had the TV on...and flipping through the channels came across this program. I had tears in my eyes as I listened to the testamonies..and thought...I dont care if this people are actors or if I cant really afford this....I need to try this. I ordered it right there on the spot.

The program has helped me rebuild my self esteem, confidence and self worth along with giving me the strength to let go of the guilt, the remorse, and it has given me the courage to say "no", to turn my back on those that I needed to and to pursue the things that are important to me. I've also recently landed a new job that rescued me from a very negative situation and lay-offs.

My relationship with my father and my children has been restored. My wonderful new man has stayed by my side through this whole journey and our relationship is stronger than ever.

I've learned to control myself, my thoughts and my mouth. I've learned to rationalize and minimize negative situations and have become less affected. I've learned to have the strength and faith to walk way from negative situations.

When I have set backs...or I know a challenging event or situation is ahead of me...I pop in the appropriate CD and am instantly reminded of the tools and am calmed and in control as I head into it.

I am finally the "me" I was meant to be. Thank you to you and your staff.

Veronica

Post by Guest » Tue Apr 27, 2010 2:34 pm

Hi Veronica, Congratulations on the progress you have made. It is always nice to read someone's victory report! Thanks for sharing!

Post by Guest » Tue Apr 27, 2010 2:40 pm

Hi Veronica !

Posts like yours are the reason I love the "triumphs" section of these boards. Congratulations. You deserve this !

Post by Guest » Thu Apr 29, 2010 1:42 pm

Veronica

Thank You so much for sharing your story!
God is good and as I am often reminded :)
You are an inspiration.

Jill~

Post by Guest » Mon Aug 09, 2010 1:08 pm

Veronica,

Hello, I am new to this site, but am in Lesson 8 of the program. What helped u get through the anticipatory wall and stay in the present? Congrats!

Post by Guest » Sat Aug 28, 2010 4:47 pm

Hi, Sorry for the delay. Just came across your message in my mail box which is full of other stuff.

Anticipatory anxiety...I've learned to "talk myself out of it". I still get scarey thoughts. I have a son in the Navy and a 16 year old that just got a car...my imagination still takes me to dark places real quick frequently with those two. So..when I find myself thinking about "what could happen", I just switch my thoughts back to what I am doing at the moment. I focus on what is actually going on in my presence at the moment, who I'm with, sounds around me, etc. I also have to tell myself "stop it" ALOT when I start thinking scarey thoughts. I've the control over my thoughts, but they still try to creep in. Take care.