Anniversary~Yay!

Share your successes with others
gal30

Post by gal30 » Sun May 30, 2010 6:45 am

Today,May 30 is the second Anniversary of my being Housebound Agoraphobia FREE!!I am living proof that Agoraphobia can be overcome.If I can do it..anyone can!It was the scariest thing I ever did,but it was so worth it!!What a wonderful,joyful and happy life it is on the other side of that ol ugly Anticipatory Wall!KICK it DOWN,step out and see how marveously beautiful it is on the other side!I Drive everyday,I made a Nursing Interview and am a Student again!I'm looking forward to the Future with anticipation,but a positive one! :) ;) :p :cool:

Post by Guest » Sun May 30, 2010 7:51 am

YEA FOR YOU!!!!!!!!

Post by Guest » Sun May 30, 2010 9:08 am

Free At Last, Free At Last, for two yrs. now, Gal30 has proven she is Free At Last!!!
Congratulations, Gal30 and thanks so much for having the Stuff to share your success on the Triumphs forum. I have always loved coming to Triumphs to find a little Positive Affirmation that we have come to the right place. This is the first time I have come across your screen name and will now remember you.
Thanks for the tips you gave and I am looking forward to the day I feel inclined to Post here. Keep going - I feel so Proud for You! Why don't you take tomorrow off and celebrate?
Seriously, do well in you new career choices. I'm sure you have many skills that will help you excel! Be good to yourself... Seadog
:D

Post by Guest » Sun May 30, 2010 9:18 am

Thank you! :)

Post by Guest » Sun May 30, 2010 9:26 am

Gal30
You’re More than Welcome... You’re a Success! Seadog ;)

Post by Guest » Sun May 30, 2010 9:46 am

Seadog,
Yes,absolutely free at last!I wish the new lease on life and freedom I have been blessed with for anyone suffering from that old nasty monster,Agoraphobia!At age 22 (now 37-1/2),I was Diagnosed with Anxiety/Panic Disorder and Agoraphobia (non-Housebound).After Anxiety,PD and Agoraphobia,I pulled myself up by the Bootstraps,moved twice and returned to College and Graduated with an Associate of Arts.I then completed 1 Year Bachelors,but due to Family illness,I had to take a break to care for and Nurse my Family.I didn't become housebound until after the deaths of 2 dear and close Family members,my Paternal Grandmother (first Mother I knew),and Step-Mother.I've been through a lot in my lifetime.My Birth Mother died when I was 1 Week and 4 Day's,and from 1999 to 2008,I've lost my entire immediate Family and 2 Grandmother's (Step-Sister,Paternal Grandmother,Step-Mother,Father and Step-Grandmother).I am thankful and blessed that I have accomplished much thus far,given life's circumstances.I believe that our background and circumstances may have influenced who we are,but we are responsible for who we become.Thank you so much for your encouraging words.I appreciate very much! :) I am pondering what I will do nice for myself.Am considering getting a Pedicure and buying myself something I WANT!I've known since age 13 when helping care for my late Grandfather that I wanted to be a Nurse.It's 24 Years in the making,and now my first Career goal is becoming a reality!

"If you want it,you'll find a way.If you don't,you'll find an excuse.".I want it and by golly,I'm gonna work hard to get it!

My very best wishes to you and everyone :)

Post by Guest » Mon Aug 09, 2010 1:03 pm

gal30,

I would like to say congrats! I am new to this site, but I am on Lesson 8 of the program for two weeks already. Do u have any extra pointers on how to get through that anticipatory wall? God Bless!