Feeling positive

Share your successes with others
Brent K.

Post by Brent K. » Thu Sep 30, 2010 2:36 pm

Hey All, I have been following this program for about a month now, I was in a really dark, negative and suicidal place when I started although I was still able to function in day to day life even though I was freaked out all of the time. I am in a completely differant place now, I feel very positive more tthan not and really look forward to new experiances and making new positive friends. I am still struggleing with many things but the positive outlook that things are getting so much better really helps.

I went on a really long walk yesterday and just started laughing out of the blue, I was so happy to be out in the open air and don't remember the time my head was so free of worry, it felt amazing. I have been exercising every day for about an hour or more since I started the program and it has made such a big impact all on its own.

About 5 years ago I weighed 350+ pounds in the height of my anxiety and depression, I got self motivated and lost 100 pounds thinking it would cure my problems, it helped but I still had a lot to overcome. It made me very depressed knowing I worked so hard and I still felt like a failure, now I know that I am far from a failure and the fact that I was able to do that on my own even dealing with all of the anxiety was pretty amazing!

I am feeling really good about myself and am so happy to be alive and taking the steps to get well.

Thanks to everyone that is posting, it really does help.

Brent

Post by Guest » Fri Oct 01, 2010 3:10 am

Glad to hear you are doing so good!! I'm so excited for you, That's awesome you were able to have a good laugh out of the blue!! I would say you are def. on the right track!!

It's amazing how we use to think something could "make us better" but once we got it it almost made us worse - as we realized that it did not actually make us better!!

Only we can make us feel good!! Keep up the good work!!!

I can't wait for the day I can laugh for no reason!!

Post by Guest » Fri Oct 01, 2010 5:04 am

This brought me great joy and made me smile. I am glad to here you are taking steps to better yourself and your well being. You lost 100lbs you probably look great! I believe in you! :O)

Post by Guest » Fri Oct 01, 2010 6:02 am

Thanks for the positive replies.

I am currently at the end of session 3 for the second time, I am still having a bit of trouble with fully grasping it, but I am going to trust the program and move on to session 4.

The thing I find the hardest is writing down my negative thoughts and replacing them with positive ones, and when I'm working I can't really stop everytime I have a thought because I just wouldn't get anything done ;)

I feel like I'm doing really well though, so I am moving onto the next on monday.

I going to go exercise now, I hope you all have a great day!

Thanks again,

Brent

Post by Guest » Fri Oct 01, 2010 3:50 pm

That's what I decided to do, or I don't know if I would have ever felt able to move on from 3... although I do still work on that also, I have moved on but I still have brought that with. :) I just read on another post somewhere... NOT to overwhelm yourself trying to get ALL of those negative thoughts... decide to get 5 a day and replace those 5 with positive statements... but try to focus on the harder ones instead of the easy ones... :) (their wording was a little better, but I think you get the point.. :))

I am off to bed soon, have a good night/day :)

Post by Guest » Fri Oct 01, 2010 5:45 pm

Thank you for your post Brent K. and everyone's responses. I will be starting Session 2 tomorrow and I am already feeling better and to hear your stories makes me feel good to know even better days are ahead. Thank you everyone.
Last edited by Kinster on Sat Oct 02, 2010 4:53 am, edited 1 time in total.