SEEK OUT THE POSITIVE

Share your successes with others
creamcheesepuff

Post by creamcheesepuff » Sat Sep 25, 2010 11:36 am

Seeking out the positive in our lives and sorting out what we now have, what good people we have in our lives, if we have a good job, helping those who dont, eating well, and getting lots of activity is the key. Its a beautiful day here, sun is out bright, I am home and comfortable. I have food on the table and its good. Eliminate those negative thoughts. get rid of them and say to yourself.....I wont do this to myself, I dont deserve it I am a great person!!!! Try to find humor in some of the negative things and it will ease the stress out.

Post by Guest » Sat Sep 25, 2010 4:15 pm

Thank you so much for your post! I felt like I was able to take a deep breath and felt soothed as I read it. Trying to find the humor in negative situations can sure be tricky, but boy does it work when you can accomplish it.

Today I took my 3rd exam to get my teacher certification and I am pretty sure I bombed it. As someone who struggles with perfectionism and feeling like a failure if I don't do well the first time around, I was ironically enlightened to find myself laughing at how hard the test was. Not too long ago I would have had a panic attack & suffered from all of the symptoms that come along with those miserable things, but not today. Today, I laughed and thought "If I didn't pass, it's no big deal. I can take it again."

And could today have been anymore beautiful?!

Post by Guest » Sun Sep 26, 2010 4:26 am

Originally posted by creamcheesepuff:
Seeking out the positive in our lives and sorting out what we now have, what good people we have in our lives, if we have a good job, helping those who dont, eating well, and getting lots of activity is the key. Its a beautiful day here, sun is out bright, I am home and comfortable. I have food on the table and its good. Eliminate those negative thoughts. get rid of them and say to yourself.....I wont do this to myself, I dont deserve it I am a great person!!!! Try to find humor in some of the negative things and it will ease the stress out.
absolutely...I agree!

Post by Guest » Sun Sep 26, 2010 7:30 am

Goober, I am so happy..because that was the same thing I did.......I am a nurse...at 33 I took a chance..thought I was smart enough and jumped. I survived. I surprised myself. In fact...I did the exact opposite of what the instructors said not to do prior to the State exams....dont party or drink the night before. I did...had 2 martinis. and said to myself...IF I DONT KNOW THIS STUFF BY NOW, I DONT KNOW IT...and like you said to myself the studying is over....ITs now or never. I took the test and later on I disappeared from the anxiety filled students that flooded the boardwalk with all their concerns and "what did you put for the question about diverticulosis?" I walked passed them all and took a walk on the beach. Is said "Its over" Now the wait for the results...I forgot about that too and went on with my life as usual. I recieved a manilla envelope in the mail and had no clue what it was. I really said the hell with it after the test.!!! I opened it.....Its said "Candidate passed" It didnt hit me as my eyes read over the words cause I forgot about it....then it HIT......I was so so happy. So.....anticipation and a little stress is good....overloading yourself just makes wasted energy and destroys your mind and your body. Like Afred E. Newman said on Mad magazine....WHAT ME WORRY?

Post by Guest » Sun Sep 26, 2010 7:40 am

Also I find most useful is when people unload on you for no reason.....I talk to myself as they are yelling or critizing me and convince my selfish this is THEIR problem they are the one that is upset...Im not. I am fine with my decision or what I am doing. I say the word RELEASE IT OR SEND THE NEGATIVE BACK TO THEM...its a tough thing to do, but if you get into the habit....it really helps.

Post by Guest » Sun Sep 26, 2010 1:40 pm

YOU DONT WANT TO BE DEPRESSED but you keep on doing it to yourself most of you!! I know its hard work....you all shouldnt be afraid to tackle this. You all have accomplished much in your lives, you went through deaths in the family, illnesses, car accidents, family situations, crisis', loss of jobs, being alone and worried for yourself.....get off your heels. Start saying to yourself "I can do this, I can accomplish anything, I have gone through alot in my life and I can do it again...I am the Quarterback of my life and can plow through almost anything.....nothing will stop me now...I am strong...Have strength in God or whatever entity that helps you get over this.
Dont be a wimp and let depression just devour you like a Sausage Egg mcmuffin on a Sunday morning.....LET GO OF IT ALL, Go out there and Do something more positive!!!!!!!!