life is good - and it's a long post!

Share your successes with others
manofmusic

Post by manofmusic » Fri Dec 17, 2010 9:56 am

I'm baaaaaaaaaaaaack ! LOL

I've been having computer (or internet) problems. For some reason, I wasn't able to log onto the net, but now I can.

I'm not stuck in all that snow, but I was reeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeal close to it. We got hardly any snow at all but it got real cold. Right now it's 27 F, so it's warmed up a bit.

Karma - That's so funny ! LOL You do work in a military zone ! They got that one right LOL Maybe they've been reading your posts here and assumed that you were overseas LOL

Yesterday, my hot water heater started leaking all over the basement. They are putting in a new one tomorrow. I can't wait ! My bathroom is still coming along. It's no where near being done, but like I said before, there's no rush at all.

Last Monday, I went to change the tower in the toilet tank. The toilet is about 30 years old. You can flush a brick down that thing ! LOL Anyway, I was leaning against the tank and I didn't notice that the bolts that hold the tank on were rusted thru and a full tank of water ended up leaking between the tank and the toilet and it all ended up going thru the bathroom floor and into the basement. I could feel the blood pressure rise. However, I breathed, (said a few curse words under my breath) and carried on. I ended up having to go to Home Depot to buy a new toilet. This one doesn't flush like the old one did, but it does the job. This had been a hectic week. I deserve a break !

karmaberry1

Post by karmaberry1 » Sat Dec 18, 2010 4:06 am

so glad everyone got a kick out of my combat status. the funny thing is i just crocheted a muffler in green, brown, and camel. THEN i noticed what the color is called - camoflauge - how funny is that. i guess i'll wear in on my next assignment?!?!?!?!

spent yesterday afternoon decorating my christmas tree. it's so sweet. i used the small one this year. it was given to me after my dear friend elaine died - she always had it in her living room. it makes me so happy!

i was up and down the attic stairs 105 times - at least. my attic is a place that would inspire fear in the bravest soul. i'm taking at least half of what's up there and putting it ON THE CURB or in the trash.

i am completely in love with my mini trampoline. i put on music and rock out on it! talk about a great way to expend energy in a positive way! it's just so much fun. i recommend everybody buy one and party down!!!

it's raining yet again here - and mama wants to go christmas shopping. i'd rather wait until monday but she's chomping at the bit. i told her i have a headache and to give me a few hours - ok i begged LOL

more later from party central!!!!!

manofmusic

Post by manofmusic » Sun Dec 19, 2010 1:49 am

I still think that the letter you got is hysterical ! LOL It WILL go well with the muffler. So....are you still on active duty ? LOLOLOL

Climbing stairs is the best exercise you can get! Sounds like the trampoline ROCKS !!!!!! Crank up the tunes and bounce and sing like no one's watching............except the dogs. They think you're nuts already. What's bouncing and singing going to add to it ? LOL

What's up for Christmas ? Are you spending it with family and friends ?

I'm spending it with immediate family, then on the 26th, It's being spent out in the county. I can't wait. It's going to be an awesome time.

Hope the weekend is going good for you (now that "combat" is over for a week or two) LOL

forever young 06

Post by forever young 06 » Sun Dec 19, 2010 8:21 am

manofmusic, so good to see you are not stuck in a snow bank. wow that would cause me untold panic LOL . I can't stand white out conditions driving in them make me feel lost. I need to always know where I am. sure wish I could over come that. I am having increased anxiety must be this time of year. My daughter has been sick and I am worried about her and trying to help her. I let myself go and try to act like super woman man I wish I could just chill. I am not getting anything done at home when I am at home I don't know what to do as I have so much to do so I do nothing. sounds like a winner to me. then I get mad at myself because I am wasting my time and guess what it is back to work tomorrow. the house is a mess I don't know what to do so I stick my head in the sand.

Manofmusic where is out in the country? I am nosey want details how far from where you live. I will only be having my daughter and her family out christmas day. Then to the nursing home to see my mom. My sisters and I aren't that close so sad family should be close that is all a person has. no wonder I get depressed I think of the way it should be wonder how I could fix it oh well guess I better go find my super woman cape and suit up this will be a task. just being silly have a great week

manofmusic

Post by manofmusic » Fri Dec 24, 2010 4:30 am

Karma, Mrs T Bones, Paislee, Can'tDance, Jill, ForeverYoung, etc etc etc.....

I hope you all have the best of Christmas's and have nothing but the best for 2011.

Now......I was voted to make 4 batches of something called Spinach Dip. I went to the grocery store yesterday and grabbed the last 5 packs of chopped frozen spinach. I was so confused there that there was no time for a panic attack ! LOL Even if I tried to have one, there was no room in the store for it ! I think the entire population of North America was in this store. I had to go back this morning to get 2 loaves of that round bread the dip goes in to. They had to hold them for me until today. They had none left yesterday. I made a point of going there EARLY today to get them. I think EVERYONE made a point of getting up early because the population of North America was back in that same store this morning. This morning, I went to one of those self-serve checkouts where you scan your own stuff to pay for it. The lady in front of me got all trick bar codes or her's because none of them would scan. Just then, an attack hit. I could feel myself getting warm and then the head fuzzies started, then the breathing funny started. I put down the hand held cart and just concentrated on the breathing. I was ok after a few minutes. Then it was MY turn to scan MY stuff. I think the lady behind me had panic attacks to because she actually started grunting ! LOL Then she put her cart down and did the same thing I did ! LOL It's nice not to be in that boat alone. LOL After the bumper car ride out of the parking lot, I followed the long line of traffic home. No panic attacks since. I think I'm FINALLY getting the hang of this panic attack thing ! Now it's time to just concentrate on family and good friends ! I hope all of my good friends on here have the best of the holiday season !

MERRY CHRISTMAS !!!!!!!

Paisleegreen

Post by Paisleegreen » Fri Dec 24, 2010 10:18 am

Hi all! Hey, Mano! WAY to GO on handling your stress at the store! :) Karma--Great job on your Attic stair climbing exercise! My sister had a house like that! :D

I almost was out of a job, until I talked to my DD. I'm taking on having the family come to my house to open gifts and eat dinner. :eek: I think I can...I think I can...:D

Now that means I have to clean up a bit. But I feel a bit better about it as I was starting to feel left out...:( So I just have to gradually clear things up for my own children and two spouses and 2 wild Grandchildren.

My house has already been beaten down by my kids and critters, so there won't be stress on the children on making their place kid friendly or have to worry about the little kids.

I just need to make sure the dining room table is cleared off and ready to set up for a dinner party. I can do it...we already have the food that DH bought last night at one of the stores that you bag your own groceries. Sort of what you went through, Mano! :)

I was already feeling lonely...and concerned about "did I get the right gift" to now, I will be stretching myself for company over for opening presents and having Christmas dinner. Yikes! I think all will go okay... :?

Have a Merry Christmas Everyone! My computer is near all the rooms I'll be working on if anyone gets lonely...;) Paislee

karmaberry1

Post by karmaberry1 » Fri Dec 24, 2010 11:30 am

yay for you man!!!!! you gutted it out - manned up LOLOL i have SO been there in the grocery where the line stood still and had those feelings. who with anxiety hasn't. i think that's why they have all the magazines and tic tacs, gum etc. - things for us to distract our selves with!

mama and i shopped til we dropped. i had high anxiety on the way to somewhere tuesday. all those symptoms were starting. i pulled into a gas station parking space and started yanking off my sweater. i told mama not to panic if i pulled everything off LOL i was overdressed - it had gone from chilly to warm and i was wearing too many clothes. i hadn't eaten very much. i was overly tired - i stayed up and watched the solstic eclipse on my roof top porch - it was way fun!!!!! now mix all that together and of course i had a panic attack. like duh x infinity LOL i rallied and we went forward - not back to my house!!!! i was happy with myself!

the shopping is done - mama's over - we're sitting in front of a fire in the fireplace - the stars and moon are out - it's a lovely night!!!!

merry christmas to everyone!

Paisleegreen

Post by Paisleegreen » Fri Dec 24, 2010 12:55 pm

Way to go, Karma! :) I heard I missed a good eclipse, the last I saw before bedtime was a full moon and some cloud cover, along with the rainfall or shower of stars everywhere. I'm glad you were able to see it!

That's great you didn't need to go back to your house either! Yippee! Merry Christmas to you too! Paislee

manofmusic

Post by manofmusic » Wed Dec 29, 2010 6:53 am

Hope everyone had a Merry Christmas ! Does everyone have plans for New Year's Eve ? I'm supposed to go out, but a part of me wants to stay home and ring in the new year in front of the TV. I haven't decided yet. I hate getting older ! LOL

I'm done work for the year now ! I'm FREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

karmaberry1

Post by karmaberry1 » Wed Dec 29, 2010 7:56 am

merry after christmas!!!!!!

a great time was had by all here. no fussing or fighting - nobody got coal in their stockings LOL it was wonderful. i know some of you won't appreciate this at all but christmas night we got a light dusting of snow - a christmas miracle in the south HA the kids were all so excited. i just wanted to get home in case it got icy. i'm not the biggest fan of snow - i lived in snow states a few times. not for me!

i have a head cold - ick. on the positive side i've been in all day so i started clearing out the front bedroom. have 2 bags of clothes and some shoes for goodwill -IN THE CAR - yayyyyy. the house, the front room and me all breathed a sigh of relief just to have SOME of it out!!!! have been reading about how clutter in the house clutters one's mind, soul - whatEVER lol

my brother has strep - his 2 little girls threw up all night - my 13 year old niece just finished her meds for walking pneumonia. with this head cold i'm afraid to interact with anybody - i so don't want mama to catch it. it always settles in her ears making her get vertigo.

i hope to have plans for new years by just staying in and having some friend (fiends) over. to me that's more fun than going out. i'm content if it's me and mama.

i got the coolest hat ever. i'm going to try to change my picture to the one where i'm wearing it. i look like i should be talking to the sidewalk - works for me LOLOL

i go back for work january 4th. i was afraid i was going to get holiday depression this season. so far i'm as happy as if i have good sense!!!!!