Grocery Store

Share your successes with others
SimpleTruths

Post by SimpleTruths » Fri Jun 18, 2010 5:46 am

Woo-Hoo!! I went to the grocery store yesterday and was able to get through the whole store!! This is major for me as my husband has been doing most of the shopping for over a year!! HUGE victory for me!! Just wanted to share with others. I am getting better - one day at a time. :D

Hot Rod

Post by Hot Rod » Fri Jun 18, 2010 10:31 am

I can totally relate to your triumph! Good for you! I did not understand how much of my self esteem and worth had been eroded by letting my husband do all our shopping. Seriously, I started out telling myself it would just "be until I felt a bit better" and now a year has gone by.

Granted, he is closer to the store than I am but still... it became a habit very quickly and everytime he would do our shopping I would feel guilty, weak, dependent and ashamed.

Doesn't it feel great to start getting your life back??

You go, girl!
Focus on what you want, not what you fear...

cream cheese

Post by cream cheese » Fri Jun 18, 2010 4:10 pm

I can relate to you guys.....I dont particularly care for going shopping period. I like when the store is empty of people. I have a good friend of mine shop for me. Although when the stores are empty I can enjoy myself...it must be the people, not the stores itself I cant antsy with.

jillzmind

Post by jillzmind » Sun Jun 20, 2010 8:17 am

Way To Go Simple Truths!! That is awesome. I know I still struggle with this one and I know how major it can be. I am very proud of you!!
Rock on! And just think now YOU get to be the one to get all the free goodies on store sample day hehehe

Jill~
:)

SimpleTruths

Post by SimpleTruths » Sun Jun 20, 2010 11:26 am

Hi everyone!

Thank you all for your words of encouragement. It has been a breakthrough week.

Hot Rod - I have felt the same way as you and I started saying the same thing too. My husband has been so helpful in that area. I know there has been times he didn't want to go but he did anyway - I guess cause he knew we had to eat! :D But I also have felt weak, guilty, dependent and ashamed. I've even had to send my teen son in to the store to get things many times. BUT I am coming out of this.

Cream cheese - I also like it when the stores are empty. I avoid them on the weekend like the plague! Mornings are usually better or early in the week.

Jillzmind,

Thanks for the "way to go!" I am so looking forward to more victories. I know, with the Lord's help, I will have many more to report. I've come so far these past few months, but I know I still have many things to overcome.

God bless each one of you!!

Pauly J

Post by Pauly J » Thu Dec 23, 2010 12:26 pm

That is so awesome...I am so happy for you! I sometimes still have the dreaded feelings of anxiety when i go into supermarkets! I dont know why but sometimes its good and sometimes its bad! Does anyone else have the same things happen to them? I just seem to have anxiety at certain public places at some times and not at others! Kinda an inconsistent feeling!

Paisleegreen

Post by Paisleegreen » Thu Dec 23, 2010 2:28 pm

I get the same feelings as well, more so now. I am just starting to go back to stores since I experienced my first panic attack.

But I haven't been doing much grocery shopping for several years now. Hubby has been doing it and I haven't been cooking much either. I'm just starting to get back into cooking and shopping. I am finding it somewhat stressful.

It didn't use to be this way...