been through program twice.

Share your successes with others
bob p

Post by bob p » Wed Dec 15, 2010 3:44 am

k, are you still doing session 3, or are you going to stick to where you were in the program?

Paisleegreen

Post by Paisleegreen » Wed Dec 15, 2010 5:04 am

Hi Bob, I'm back. Sometimes these postings get lost amongst the others! ;) Well, we didn't qualify for the refi at this time. I'm glad because the stress of preparing for it would be too much for me right now. I barely have any conversations w/DH (husband) and with 2 of my single adult children, it is strained.

Everyone is sensitive...and I'm more sensitive to what they say and do right now that I have to keep my spirits up to keep going.

One success came about on Monday, I got the bathroom guy to come over and make a bid. That meant he had to come into my masterbedroom which I'm don't feel is company ready.

So he gave us a good bid, but DH wants to check what the inferior product would cost. So it is a competition company that will not give us the same service.

This won't happen this month, but if it does the guy can get the shower/walk-in tub put in in two days. It is part a jetted tub and shower, so it is specialized and is something that will be great to have now and as DH and I age.

So I again feel like I'm not be listened to. :(

In a way I was because he did finally look at them but it wasn't the main manufacturer that came out with the product. So there would be a $4,000-difference, but I want the superior one.

We don't have any luxuries such as a hot tub or swimming pool, don't go on vacations unless it is business related, so that hasn't happened for over 10 years. I've gone on my own vacations by myself or take my kids.

Anyway, at least I have accomplished the goal that my Psychologist wanted DH and I to do.
So that is a lot of progress for me to allow someone to come into my bedroom.

I did get Lucinda's book From Panic to Power, and now I can fill in the gaps that the CDs don't have on them and I'm missing Session 7 and another one. Can't recall which one that is just now.

Anyway, after the episode w/the shower guy coming in, my stress was increase and felt all the jittery feelings that day and noticed it during the night. But feeling better as I rested and ate some tuna sandwiches.

I listen to all the CDs as I go about my day and feel the need. How are you doing?

bob p

Post by bob p » Thu Dec 16, 2010 9:49 am

im doing good. my problem stems from a panic attack i had when i was 16.i am now 40. it frustrates me to no end that i have already gotten through my episodes of panic now it just seemslike a constant anxious feeling.i am waiting for something dreadfulo to happen. very frustrating. i woukd hust like to b at peace with myself and life. itsnot like i have it bad, a great job,4 great kidsand a great wife. i used to blame my wife for not "relaxing"and now i realize she is an amiazing woman whodoes so much. i want to just have my confidence and security back. sorry forletting itall out. sounds like you are making goodstrides. you r goung to really like the panic to power book.goodluck. keep on floating through thos anxious feelings and you will get there. are u feeling that way because you want to fix up your room.

bob p

Post by bob p » Thu Dec 16, 2010 9:50 am

hey karmatism did you move or something. where did u go.

Paisleegreen

Post by Paisleegreen » Thu Dec 16, 2010 10:22 am

Bob P you asked if I was feeling anxious because I want to fix up my bedroom.

We have a gutted Master Bathroom. We stripped the shower out of it due to leakage and mold growing. The house was built in the 70's. It has stayed in this condition, unusable for about 2 years that I can remember. :?

It is an issue w/ me because there is old mold and leakage from the roof through the attic or vent pipes. Anyway, it doesn't smell good so I want the old boards removed, the toilet needs replacing and a whole new shower put in.

The intake vent to our furnace runs along one of the shower's wall which is exposed so I don't want all that dried up mold or smells brought into the air ventilation system.

So DH and I had assignment w/ my Psychologist to work on issues w/ the bathroom remodel. DH was going to have a guy come in to bid a walk in tub/shower. I didn't want to at first w/ my anxiety because I didn't want the guy to see some of the stuff in my bedroom that is piled up. :eek:

I have issues of "letting go" of things, but also issues of family members taking over some of my household space. :( Long story posted on other threads.

Since then, after much stress I let the competition to the shower installer he saw come in a make a bid. That is a Success story...although now I saw DH has bought a Tile DVD from HD. So this scares me as I've already gone through him tiling up our main bathroom shower during the worst of my anxiety.

After I had my first panic attacks and other stuff going on. I now don't quite enjoy this new bathroom as the tile is all white and to the ceiling. Almost like a "Psych Ward" ward. :eek:

DH didn't want to listen to my issues of how the lines weren't straight as he was doing it and many other things happened. So that is why I'm here mainly is dealing w/ my anxiety and also not being listened to.

bob p

Post by bob p » Thu Dec 16, 2010 1:50 pm

i am sorry to hea that. you sound like you are very patient and your husband is taking advantage. i hope you both go through with the bid and the bath gets done. good luck.

Kathy1365

Re: been through program twice.

Post by Kathy1365 » Fri May 25, 2012 3:45 pm

Does anyone think there is more or less benefit from writing your negative/positive thoughts down with a pencil and paper vs. using an iPhone or iPad? I'm curious about this. I wonder if one or the other is better for cognitive restructuring. Looking forward to your thoughts.