setback!

Share your successes with others
KellyB

Post by KellyB » Mon Nov 22, 2010 4:52 am

To Karmatism,

Thank you for your comments. I went through this program over 10 years ago, but now I am having a setback experiencing the non-sleeping/generalized anxiety again. I feel overwhelmed that I will have to go through everything again-I will try the plan of just 5 to 10 minutes per day to write down positive thoughts and go through the relaxation tapes.It's great to hear someone else not giving up and doing what they can each day. Keep believing.

karmatism

Post by karmatism » Mon Nov 22, 2010 5:45 am

I just read a section in my psychology class that talked about re-learning old material and it was explaining that there is science to back up the idea that learning is easier the 2nd time around. Apparently it goes into long term memory where it can be reactivated much easier once you review the material again. Basically it was saying your brain still remembers even if you think you forgot.

I'm so happy my suggestions helped you! Just try it for 3 days. That's what I told myself. 5 min a day for 3 days. My bet is that you will be motivated to keep going. I also found that 5 min of 'working on it' like actually reading the material or listening to the CD naturally switched my focus to the skills I should be practicing, so even when though I was done 'working it' I found myself 'living it' which is the whole point anyway!