Major Breakthrough

Share your successes with others
Dominick

Post by Dominick » Tue Aug 10, 2010 5:46 pm

:D Today was a very good day for me. I went to a energy savings seminar with my wife. I got a chance to be more assertive when the speaker asked for a volunteer to come up in front of a room full of people and help in a product demonstration. I quickly walked up there and participated. Also, I didn't even think about having anxiety at all during the entire seminar. This is the first time either of these things have happened to me. Usually in a situation like this all I can think about is my fears and anxiety. I am proud of myself for that.However, when we left the seminar I did start thinking about anxiety while I was driving home but it only lasted for about a minute and then dissappeared. I started to think that all the positive things that happened to me earlier were all for nothing but then I remembered what Lucinda said. She said as we continue to put ourselves in a situation where we face our fears anxiety is part of the healing process and we should give ourselves permission to feel the anxiety because that is truly a sign that we are recovering from this condition.

bob p

Post by bob p » Thu Dec 02, 2010 1:31 am

hey dominick what a great step you took. these accomplishments are going to keep coming and eventually you wont even have to worry about thinking about the feat and anxiety because your confidence will take over. great job and good luck. bob p

Paisleegreen

Post by Paisleegreen » Thu Dec 02, 2010 7:50 am

Hip, Hip, Hooray! Way to go! :) Paislee I'm very happy for you.