Today was awesome! FINALLY!

Share your successes with others
MattyC

Post by MattyC » Sat Apr 17, 2010 11:25 am

Today, I made a huge step in my recovery. For the last 6 years I for the most part have not gone out of the house to go on any type of walk or ventured far from the house without a car close by. Well this morning my I chose to go on a walk. I started out going to the end of the street and then things just progressed from there. My wife was with me as usual but none the less, I do not like to be far from "Help" or my comfort zone. But today was different. Today I walked for 4 miles all in places around the neighborhood I have not been, down into a canyon and back out and even saw some parks I didn't even know were there. So for me today is a giant step forward and I look forward to using it to my advantage and continue to stride on from the experience. Just wanted to share.. Thanks! Have a blessed day!

Post by Guest » Sat Apr 17, 2010 3:41 pm

Matty,

That's great! I'm the same way, don't like to be far from my comfort zone. Sounds like you're making good progress. Congratulations! :)

Post by Guest » Sat Apr 17, 2010 5:14 pm

Way to go Matty , that is awesome work! You did it :D
Keep on keepin on !!

J~

Post by Guest » Sat Apr 17, 2010 9:44 pm

Ty guys, I really appreciate the support.. Went out and got myself some walking shoes today after than and am really excited to keep it going. It's amazing how some of the things that are so simple in life can mean so much in some circumstances. Thanks again!

Post by Guest » Mon Apr 19, 2010 2:25 pm

Matty !

Sounds like you'll need to buy yourself a couple of pairs of walking shoes ! With the amount of walking you're doing, you'll wear out the first pair in no time ! LOL Congratulations !!!!!! :cool:

Post by Guest » Tue Apr 20, 2010 11:56 am

Haha, already bought them. lol

Thank you! TOday was another one of those days so I'm really hyped. Thnaks again.