my triumph at IHOP

Share your successes with others
AdeleS

Post by AdeleS » Sun Oct 05, 2008 12:25 pm

I was rushed this morning trying to make it to church and didn't take my reflux meds this morning. I was at IHOP having dinner with my family, when I had a reflux attack. I was scared, but I talked myself through it and then I was okay. I feared getting sick, but instead of running away from the images in my mind, I said to myself, "I don't need to fear this anymore, I'm okay, It's just reflux and it will pass. I will be okay in a little bit." I just kept saying that to myself and it worked. I am so proud of myself. I almost didn't take the time to even post this, because I felt like this was no big deal. But then I told myself, "Yes, this is a big deal, I did something really cool and awesome and I want to tell the world!" Lucinda says that we need to recognize and give ourselves praise for even the smallest accomplishments. This is the way to self loving.

Post by Guest » Sun Oct 05, 2008 2:30 pm

<span class="ev_code_PURPLE">Way to go AdeleS!!!! And double congrats because I am fellow reflux sufferer!!!</span>
;)

Post by Guest » Sun Oct 05, 2008 3:01 pm

Good for you! you should be very proud of yourself. I also suffer from reflux.

Post by Guest » Sun Oct 05, 2008 3:51 pm

Good for you Adeles it gives all of us hope and encouragement when someone tells us of a sucess. It helps us to keep on going. I too had a sucess this weekend, I went away with a bunch of friends to a womens conference in San Jose. I had a great time even though the anxiety was still there. Way to go, Deb thats what I told myself. God is so Good. Debbie D

Post by Guest » Mon Oct 06, 2008 12:22 pm

Thanks for all your good wishes. It's wonderful to have so many people to connect with who really understand me.

Ld26angell

Post by Ld26angell » Mon Oct 06, 2008 12:53 pm

That is Awesome! I know that it is hard, especially in the midst of others, when having a panic attack or anxiety, to just get through it. I too have issues with reflux and with going away (so, CONGRATS Debbie, too).

I wish you all continued success in your program journey. We all deserve to find a way to be more loving to ourselves. Thanks for sharing. -J