Come join me 1-3 Accomplishments a day

Share your successes with others
NinjaFrodo

Post by NinjaFrodo » Fri Sep 12, 2008 7:47 am

Sunbound
It seems like many people (including myself), missed out on yestaurday and thats ok...it isn't an expectation. It is a goal and so doing it once, doing it every other day, doing it once a month...isn't as important. Any effort you make is going to help make you feel better.

I'm glad that i was able to help you recognize the down play...i'm sure we all have or are about to go through this...I know i have many many many times.

You sound much more enthusiastic with your accomplishments today...how are you feeling about your acomplishments today as opposed to the other day?

I also want to mention about the food thing...Most people (Canadians & Americans) tend to over eat all the time...I'm noticing this while on the Master Cleanse. We don't need as much food as we put into our mouths. We especially don't need so much all at once. If you really think about it...children are the best teachers for this as well as other things as proper posture and their ability to have fun in any situation. Children eat more then 3 times a day, this is actually more normal than eatting 3 big meals a day as it just gives us 3 big boosts instead of consistent energy throughout the day and so stopping yourself from over eatting is a huge accomplishment...great job.

SleeplessMom

I like the 2nd accomplishment because you really told us how you felt about your accomplishment. The first one however I'd suggest putting some passion into it. Tell us how great you feel about the accomplishment, what it means to you.

Mike
Here is the link to the Letting Go thread which is designated for venting
http://forum.stresscenter.com/viewtopic ... 52&t=25087

You can follow me on Twitter, same username or check out my blog

http://ninjafrodo.blogspot.com/

bevhembree

Post by bevhembree » Fri Sep 12, 2008 9:44 pm

My car battery died today in town. I stood with my jumper cables in hand in the pouring rain and wind with 2 kids in the hot car as several people passed right by me- well to do men and women in fancy cars at a private Christian school. A older man cutting grass came up and helped in a old beat up truck. Reminded me of the story of the Good Samaritan.
But I kept my cool and no panic attack!
"Here and happy because of my three little angels- Marie, Chad and Cady."

NinjaFrodo

Post by NinjaFrodo » Sat Sep 13, 2008 2:37 am

bevhembree
It is very easy to go into panic in situations like that and to want to rip off the heads of the people who didn't come to help you out. Thats a great sign of your growth. Great Job.

My Accomplishment for yestaurday...I couldn't find my cellphone charger and found that i'd have to order it online. Typically in a situation like this i would get all anxious and worried and tell myself that it would be impossible and that the online working won't work out right or it could take forever...Instead, I told myself that ok I cannot find my charger and if i need to do the online order then i'll do that...I've ordered other things online and it worked out fine and I can do without a cellphone for a little while its no big deal...It was a really good accomplishment...and I actually found it this morning in a hidden area. Yay me.

Mike

sleeplessMom

Post by sleeplessMom » Sat Sep 13, 2008 4:50 am

Mike...good point. Here is my revised #1 from yesterday.

1. I took a walk every day this week. Today was for almost 40 minutes. This is a BIG DEAL because I hate to exercise (sorry that is a negative statement, but it is true!!!). So 5 days in a row is a major accomplishment, and yesterday morning I felt kind of like a noodle, and spacey, and it would have been easy to say I would just do 10 minutes on the treadmill. But instead I went out and took that long walk. I was very proud of myself.

My accomplishment today is not over-reacting about the spike in gas prices and gas shortages that seem to be happening here in NC. Three gas stations today were sold out of regular, but they still had super and plus gas available for now. We are going tomorrow on our annual trip to the beach and I am starting "What if" we get there and don't have the gas to get home???" This sounds a little selfish, because my thoughts are with all the people who are seriously affected in the Gulf coast. I went off a little on a tangent...but I guess my accomplishment is staying relatively calm and taking things one step at a time.

sunbound

Post by sunbound » Sat Sep 13, 2008 5:04 am

Mike,

Thanks for the encouragement! I felt wonderful about my accomplishment the other day.

About the over-eating - you are so very right. I actually am trying to eat 5 small meals a day, as children do. I believe it does sustain our energy MUCH better than eating 3 times a day. I realize that when I eat 3 meals, I get overly hungry and tend to overeat. If, instead I have a small meal (or snack) before lunch, say a yogurt and small handful of nuts, then I won't eat as much at lunch! It works wonderfully. The tough part is going out to eat as our restaurants typically have "portion-distortion"!!!

Great job on your accomplishment for yesterday. Instead of worrying about finding your charger, you were proactive and were a great problem-solver. That is excellent! It also helped you to face purchasing online, which can be quite anxiety-provoking!

My accomplishment for today: I LISTENED to my husband without jumping in to fix his problems this morning. He needed me to listen and I typically would try to fix, which isn't what he needed.

1/2 the day is still ahead, so I'm sure I'll accomplish more, but this was an important one for me. :-)

sleeplessMom - congrats on your accomplishment today. Overreacting is so tempting for us! In all reality, even if the regular gas was gone, it might be a little more costly, but I'm certain your car could run on middle-grade gas. To me, the cost of next grade gas is much less than the cost of your worry on your health.

NinjaFrodo

Post by NinjaFrodo » Sat Sep 13, 2008 6:05 am

sleeplessmom
That sounds more passionate now :) good job. You have a resistance towards exercise and you did it despite that...thats not negative at all...this is a resistance and you except this...a slight word changing could help you out but it was really good.

Also the worry that you won't be able to get gas on the way home is a reasonable concern. You have every right to feel this way. It is a healthy-selfish, you don't have to be ashamed for thinking this way. Accept the reason as to why you had that thought and you can feel comfortable about it. Sure the people in the Gulf Coast are having a difficult time...this shouldn't devalue your concern though.

Sunbound
Sounds like you're doing well with the eatting. However, don't take my word for it...go by how you feel. The most important thing to listen to is your own body. As for the restaurants...ya they can be really challenging but you can always save food for later :) and sometimes its ok to eat big portions...it is healthy to allow yourself freedom.

I also wanted to speak about the Listening to your husband bit. I have found this has been a huge issue with me, not with your husband in particular :P but with people. Most people just want to be heard more than anything. They tend to come up with their answers when they do have someone that'll listen. The key is to give advice when they ask or when you really really feel that it is necessary.

It is also a great practice run when it comes to using your thought replace. You can let the other person know that it is reasonable for them to feel they way they do because...(fill in the blank).

Mike

NinjaFrodo

Post by NinjaFrodo » Sat Sep 13, 2008 4:07 pm

Finished day 6 of the cleanse despite having to be around food all day at work. Thats a great accomplishment and its bringing me one step closer to my goal. Yay me.

Mike

Swan01

Post by Swan01 » Sun Sep 14, 2008 12:53 am

my daughter threw me a surprise birthday party last night! It was absolutely wonderful! My family and friends were there, and I had a GREAT time!

Thanks for starting this thread, it is so good and uplifting!

Hope everyone has a wonderful day
Go Bills
:)

bevhembree

Post by bevhembree » Sun Sep 14, 2008 2:28 am

Whew- I went bowling and out to dinner with 10 others last night. Wasn't the most social butterfly, but did have a great time after trying to chicken out before we left.
"Here and happy because of my three little angels- Marie, Chad and Cady."

GI822

Post by GI822 » Sun Sep 14, 2008 3:48 am

I went to a carnival last night and then left to go eat dinner and came back and played some games. My boyfriend and I even stayed to watch the fireworks as it began to rain a bit.