Come join me 1-3 Accomplishments a day

Share your successes with others
Paul R.

Post by Paul R. » Wed Sep 10, 2008 2:57 am

congrats, ninja.

and these are great ideas!

i am proud of all of all of you, and ninja your post is an inspiration.

i like this idea and will incorporate it to break the negative cycle of thinking/ fear.

it is kinda like Randy Paucsh in his book 'The Last Lecture'. faced with a terminal condition with only months to live, Mr. Paucsh would ask his children each night as they were going to bed what they felt great about for that day.

I think the lesson of being thankful for what you have, no matter how great or how small is so important. acceptance of things, and looking for the bright side.

'cuz its all about the 'tude.

krissy20

Post by krissy20 » Wed Sep 10, 2008 3:01 am

I made it through session 3. I continue to write my negative thoughts and I reframe them. I took my reframing off paper and I do it in my head now when none is available. I did my homework already. I read my session 2,3, and 4 card this morning. I voted yesterday in my state primaries.

Krissy feels accomplished :)

krissy20

Post by krissy20 » Wed Sep 10, 2008 3:06 am

congratulations! I thought this was a place to post accomplishments. So I did. I know completely how you feel. I learned last week that I did this to me and I realized if I did it than I have nothing to fear from anyone else. I didn't have to fear me either because if I did it than I could change it. Now I know that people don't cause my emotions.

Mary Wargo

Post by Mary Wargo » Wed Sep 10, 2008 3:10 am

Swan01- Put some money in the jar for that one! Not complaining at work is a biggie sometimes. You could try putting .50 in for a positive thought about work and .25 in for not complaining. A bigger reward for coming up with something positive. I wish I would have done this when I was working. I could have made an all day game out of trying to find my positiveness!

NinjaFrodo

Post by NinjaFrodo » Wed Sep 10, 2008 4:56 am

There is sooooooo much positive energy in this thread its great!!!

Paul R
I agree being thankful is really important. It makes us feel good about ourselves instead of focusing on the negative and saying well i don't have this or don't have that. It is kinda like undeveloped countries..there are some undeveloped countries out there that are extremely poor but they help each other out and are actually more happier than developed countries like the states and Canada. Gee i wonder why that is....:)

Thats a great accomplishment Krissy, first of all you were very productive and you are taking the steps to becoming the new you...that is awesome :)

Mike

Well for myself...Usually i feel really bad that i stayed up late and it makes me feel really anxious when i wake up and I beat myself up...I didn't do that today. I'm actually starting to feel more comfortable dispite my poor sleeping last night and I'm really happy about this because I've been beating myself up for this for 14 years...thats a huuuuuuuuge accomplishment.
Here is the link to the Letting Go thread which is designated for venting
http://forum.stresscenter.com/viewtopic ... 52&t=25087

You can follow me on Twitter, same username or check out my blog

http://ninjafrodo.blogspot.com/

bna

Post by bna » Wed Sep 10, 2008 10:31 am

Hello everyone. What a great thread you started Mike.

I know someone mentioned that its difficult acknowledging themslves and their accomplishamnets. When I started the quater in the jar, I truely struggled to come up with anything to acknowledge myself because I was in such a negative funk. All I could acknowledge was my mistakes. I remember thinking to myself I can't do this anymore. Negativity is so draining.

When I started it was difficult coming up with anything to be really proud of. Now I acknowledge and give myself praise for everything/ anything.

These are a few ideas for those having difficulty:
got out of bed to start the day even though I had a rotten nights sleep, driving to the store, using my skills to calm myself down when the anxious feelings started, waving to the police man directing traffic, holding the door open for someone passing, driving on the expressway, driving through a crowded parking lot, going to the gym, making converstaion withsomeone in line, making my bed this am, loading the dishwasher, doing a load of laundry, etc.

You get the idea. For every negative you have going, take the time to see the positive in every situation no matter how hard. It definitely gets easier with practice. I am truely shocked and amazed at how much more positive and accepting I am of myself.

Besides its so much fun at the end of the month to see how much money I have saved. My goal is to save up and buy myself something really cool.

Now the positivity is like an addiction. I challenge myself everyday to see if I can beat my accomplishments from the day before.(it helps to keep a notebook so you can see how your doing from day to day).

It's getting expensive but I'm worth it.Give it a try because your all worth it. Take care and God Bless.

Terrym79

Post by Terrym79 » Wed Sep 10, 2008 11:25 am

I did it! I stopped my panic attack. That was huge. After talking to psychologist here at work, a lot of feelings came back and I felt panicked! I ran and started breathing. It helped. Also yesterday was my very first day in 2 months that I spend a whole hour with my son by myself. That was a huge accomplishment for me. Anyhow, just needed to vent right now.

sunbound

Post by sunbound » Wed Sep 10, 2008 11:45 am

Congratulations Terry! Those are great accomplishments.

Mine for the day:
I went to the gym (even though I didn't work out as long or hard as I normally do).
I called a friend who has been under the weather to check on her.
I made myself do 15 minutes worth of something I didn't "feel" like doing.

Swan01

Post by Swan01 » Wed Sep 10, 2008 3:43 pm

Hey Ninja,
First off... GREAT thread! I LOVE the fact that it is positive!!! :)

In response to my post, I am not one who normally complains.... however, I do listen to the complaints and that always stirs stuff up and its sooooo easy to get sucked in and start complaining as well.

I am making an effort DAILY to stay away from the cronic complainers and stay positive at work. :)

Lets see.... my accomplishment for today.....
I went back to work (im a teacher, my work in never done, lol)... this evening and got a lot accomplished, all papers are graded, and I can actually see my desk! whooo hoooo

hope everyone has a super evening!

Terrym79

Post by Terrym79 » Wed Sep 10, 2008 3:56 pm

That's awesome Sunbound! I wish I could work out but too afraid of my heartbeat. I will however conquer that fear. What did you d that you didn't feel like doing? I'm glad you have accomplished them anyway.