Come join me 1-3 Accomplishments a day

Share your successes with others
NinjaFrodo

Post by NinjaFrodo » Tue Sep 09, 2008 4:06 am

As i was sitting here at home with my thoughts running like chicken's with their heads cut off, I realized that right then would be a great time to listen to the relaxation cd....but man was there ever a resistance to it. So i took out my little spiral note book and started to work through this resistance and i got through it and then went and listened to my relaxation cd.

Now as i was listening to the cd i thought to myself ya this feels good but i'm still resisting it...how am i suppose to get passed this? I believe the root of this issue comes from lack of encouragement, lack of giving oneself credit and lack of feeling good for the accomplishments I've done. So I then realized something....I was able to make myself feel better when i was constantly accepting my faults and accepting my limitations so I could probabbly do the same thing with making myself feel better for my accomplishments....Wow what a realization!!

So now I'm planning to write at least 1 accomplishment a day and really mean it!

So here is mine for today;

I actually listened and participated in the relaxation cd despite my resistance to it and I'm so proud of myself and this is going to bring me even closer to becoming the guy i want to be.

Mike
Here is the link to the Letting Go thread which is designated for venting
http://forum.stresscenter.com/viewtopic ... 52&t=25087

You can follow me on Twitter, same username or check out my blog

http://ninjafrodo.blogspot.com/

bevhembree

Post by bevhembree » Tue Sep 09, 2008 4:57 am

Way to go! Thanks for sharing the great advice!
"Here and happy because of my three little angels- Marie, Chad and Cady."

Wreckless

Post by Wreckless » Tue Sep 09, 2008 5:22 am

Good job Ninja. I found it hard to sit still and really relax and focus during the relaxation cd. I did it this morning, but I'm still learning how to focus and really listen to her instead of thinking about what I'm going to do once the cd is done. Keep up the good work. I'm only in day two of the program.

Mary Wargo

Post by Mary Wargo » Tue Sep 09, 2008 5:38 am

Hey good for you! I've been making it a goal for the day to find at least three good things everyday- either accomplishments or just plain old good things. The goal is to not repeat the same ones for the week which forces me to come up with new ones. It's kind of a game I've come up with. The resistance that comes up is a real bugger sometimes isn't it? I've resisted listening to the relaxation CD sometimes myself, and I can't figure out why cause I really do like it. The resistance to change session is a good one, and one I need to keep going over. We probably all do if we need to keep moving forward and not backward. Don't ya think?

bna

Post by bna » Tue Sep 09, 2008 7:35 am

Hello everyone. I have always had difficulty acknowleging accomplishments but negativity/mistakes I could rattle off a dozen in a minute.

Last month, I was being particularly negative. I challengened myself to reflect on how can I acknowledge my accomplishaments no matter how small on a daily basis to help me feel better about myself.

I am a very visual person, I need to see things to retain it. Well last month, I decided no matter how small an accomplishment was I would put a quarter into a jar and write down in a little notebook what the quarter was for.

August started out shaky. I would only be able to acknowlegde a couple of things a day I felt good about. But by the end of the month, I was able to acknowlegde 10-15 things daily that I was proud of myself for. I've saved over $60.00 worth of accomplishments for August.

Here we are in September, just a month of acknowledging an accomplishment no matter how small, and I am able to list over 15-20 things aday that I am proud of myself for.

It's incredible how much self accepting I have become. Even if I had a major goof up during a day, I give myself a quarter just for acknowlegding myself with compassion and telling myself tomorrow is another day.

Just give it a try. It doesn't have to be money. It can be stars on the calender, it can be checks in a note book; it could be hersey kisses in a jar. You'll be surprided with the results.

Take care and God Bless.

sunbound

Post by sunbound » Tue Sep 09, 2008 7:49 am

These are wonderful ideas! Thanks for starting the thread, Mike. I like the various games Mary & bna have come up with.

So my accomplishment for the day is that instead of worrying about something that may or may not happen this evening, I was proactive and asked for the help I needed to take preventative measures. Beforehand, I would have been quite passive and then angry at myself if something had happened, which I could have easily avoided.

As a result, I'm feeling much better about my whole day and have a great sense of accomplishment that I've addressed this specific worry. Yipee!

Mary Wargo

Post by Mary Wargo » Tue Sep 09, 2008 8:16 am

I really like the money idea on this. How fun to see the monetary result of how many good things and accomplishments! This I will definitely add to my game.

NinjaFrodo

Post by NinjaFrodo » Tue Sep 09, 2008 1:48 pm

I'm thrilled that people found this helpful and i'm glad i started it too. That money in the jar idea is awesome...you can feel great about yourself as well as save money. Thats awesome, I'm going to try it.

Mary's idea is very good too. I used to use this one myself awhile ago.

Mike

Swan01

Post by Swan01 » Tue Sep 09, 2008 2:41 pm

I love the money idea as well!
:)
Im having a hard time coming up with an accomplishment for the day though.... maybe not complaining at work today??
I've been trying really hard not to be negative at work!

Hope everyone had a good day
:)

NinjaFrodo

Post by NinjaFrodo » Wed Sep 10, 2008 2:16 am

That's a valid accomplishment Swan. Maybe just reword it so you actually mean it.

If you are normally one that complains and you stopped yourself from complaining, thats a great accomplishment...you stopped yourself dispite your habitual cycle and thats great and you should feel proud of yourself because it takes alot of courage and effort to jump out of that cycle. Great job :)

Mike