I did it!!!

Share your successes with others

Post by Guest » Sat Sep 20, 2008 10:41 am

Congratulations!!! You are have truely inspired me today. I admire your determination and perseverence. I am on week 5 and I have already cried and struggled so much. Quitting isn't an option because I refuse to live in fear and loneliness. I will not spend another 20 years with anxiety. I cried today when I read your post because I know how hard it is to face your fears. Bravo!!

God Bless,
Krissy

Post by Guest » Sat Sep 20, 2008 12:00 pm

Hello formyboys

CONGRATULATIONS what a truely inspiring post. I am so happy for you and your success. Now that you have done it, there is nothing holding you back.

Keep pressing forward. You rock. Good luck and God Bless.

Post by Guest » Sat Sep 20, 2008 2:08 pm

Thanks for all the responses....Deeg, yes, I have tried things and it did not turn out. There were times I was in an elevator and literally fell apart. But, what I have found and I know it sounds cliche is that if you avoid it will only get worse. So, my motivation has been to push through knowing that with that action comes some let up. Does it happen over night....no way. And, my post was not to say it was not extremely hard, it was. But, I am learning to take one thing at a time and stop the what if's....I can only handle an hour sometimes at a time and that is o.k. I kept thinking about so far in the future...when will I feel better, how long will this take, what if it never ends. This is a daily thing....and I know now that avoiding things simply makes it worse.....period. I did not want to beleive that. I wanted to work around that but, when my coach did not allow me the "cop out" not to go on this trip...I knew that only through walking through the fear would I find my way out. I still feel the anxious feelings, I still want to avoid, and I still get caught sometimes in the what ifs but, I move past that and keep going. My fear is that this post makes it sound easy when I know this is the hardest thing I have ever had to do but, that makes it even more powerful to know that WE can walk through it. Be kind to yourself....

AnnieG

Post by AnnieG » Sat Sep 20, 2008 2:57 pm

Thank you for that testimony,It realy encorages me not to quit and give up.I have a fear of tight places like parking garages,if I pass by one the fear just comes all over me and I avoid parking in their.Does any one have this same fear.I just started and am on lesson 3.
"For God has not given us a spirit of fear, but of power and of love and of a sound mind." 2 Timothy 1:7