I did it!!!

Share your successes with others
formyboys

Post by formyboys » Sat Sep 20, 2008 2:50 am

Hi everyone....I started this program about 7 weeks ago and at that time was just coming through a very agoraphobic time. I literally was very uncomfortable leaving my bedroom. This lasted for a two week period of time and then extended into being afraid to go to the grocery store, driving, getting into elevators, flying, etc. I am posting this forum to let everyone know that needs a little hope to push on. There is so much hope for each of us. A week ago I was about to battle all my fears due to the fact that I had to go away on travel for a new jobs training program. I honestly was not sure how I was going to do this. I could not imagine getting on a plane, much less leave my family, be in an intense training environment, etc. Up until the day I was to leave last Sunday morning I gave myself the permission to not go but, knew that this was a critical part in my progress. So,,,,I took each day by itself and focused on that leading up to the trip. I worked hard on not focusing beyond that. I knew that if I broke it up into pieces it would be easier to handle and it was. Last night, I returned from a six day trip. I had to fly on four separate airplanes due to non-direct flights, I had to use elevators no less than six times a day, and the training was very intense with testing etc.....As the last plane landed last night for my trip tears were streaming down my face because I knew I had pushed passed the fear and did it anyway. I write this to let you know....seven weeks ago I was in a place that I did not think I would ever see the light,,,my family was extremely worried and if you would have said I would accomplish what I have done I would not have beleived you.....The things that have helped me the most are.....Feeling the fear and doing it anyway (no matter how hard it is) and trust me sometimes I was crying so hard....Reading every book you can get your fingers on regarding positive thinking ( Dr. Vincent Peale, The Power of Positive Thinking) is wonderful, following the program and really working it, and being gentle and positive with yourself even with the littlest accomplishment. I also joined the coaching program which has been wonderful. I has helped me push through the resistance and be held accountable. I know each day is different and all I need to focus on is today.....And the two steps forward and two steps back will certainly apply but, if I can encourage one person today....to stick with it and do the program....YOU CAN FEEL BETTER....I am a testimony of that!!! I wish you all a great day,,,I hope this helps someone out there that may be struggling today. Be hopeful,,,,,!!

Post by Guest » Sat Sep 20, 2008 3:31 am

That is a great accomplishment. Congratulations!

Post by Guest » Sat Sep 20, 2008 3:52 am

Your words are very inspiring. I am so happy for you. I will be to that point soon i hope!

Post by Guest » Sat Sep 20, 2008 3:55 am

CONGRATULATIONS!!! What an awesome testimonial...and true grit on your part, to push through! What an inspiration and thank you SO much for sharing!

Post by Guest » Sat Sep 20, 2008 3:56 am

You can surely be proud of this amazing accomplishment and I wish you continued successes with your life. Thankyou for sharring this story with us.
It lets us know we have so much to look forward to over the coming weeks!!

ENJOY, YOU'VE EARNED EVERY BIT OF IT!!! ;)

SOON TO BE HAPPY

Post by SOON TO BE HAPPY » Sat Sep 20, 2008 4:14 am

that is soooooooooo awsome and yes a totally great inspiration for me so yes im glad u wrote it thanks gives me hope to do same thing someday soon,,, thks barbie 727
Pauline

Post by Guest » Sat Sep 20, 2008 5:30 am

way to go formyboys! and thanks for sharing. :) it is inspirational indeed.

Post by Guest » Sat Sep 20, 2008 5:55 am

Hey formyboys,
did you try something and it didn't work out like you would have like, how do you make yourself try it again

Post by Guest » Sat Sep 20, 2008 10:37 am

This is great encouragement for me....Thank you for sharing this accomplishment. Congratulations.

Post by Guest » Sat Sep 20, 2008 10:41 am

Congratulations!!! You are have truely inspired me today. I admire your determination and perseverence. I am on week 5 and I have already cried and struggled so much. Quitting isn't an option because I refuse to live in fear and loneliness. I will not spend another 20 years with anxiety. I cried today when I read your post because I know how hard it is to face your fears. Bravo!!

God Bless,
Krissy