Celebrating Small Victories

Share your successes with others
Victorious

Post by Victorious » Fri Nov 16, 2007 2:00 am

I slept for 6 hours straight without waking up last night. Hallelujah!!! :) I just wanted to share because you guys have seen me complain about not getting any sleep. That article regarding eliminating intrusive thoughts really helped me understand why my thoughts keep resurfacing, now I can try to work on some of the tools from the article and this program to help me relax.

mm2bys

Post by mm2bys » Fri Nov 16, 2007 2:22 am

Victorious - that is GREAT! Everything is so much clearer with a little sleep. Have a great day!

ambernichole

Post by ambernichole » Mon Nov 19, 2007 2:08 pm

My small victories today:
No binges
No Smoking
No Caffine
No Sugar
I did pretty well and I'm proud of myself.

Butterfly98

Post by Butterfly98 » Thu Dec 06, 2007 6:23 am

My victories for today:

I took care of some business on the phone without getting stressed about it. It normally would have worked myself into a tizzy just thinking about doing it.

I did not overeat today. I made conscious effort to know that I was full and did not have to eat the whole thing.

Yay Me.

Sincerely,

Melanie

WantingMore

Post by WantingMore » Thu Dec 06, 2007 11:03 am

Victorious,

It is awesome that you are getting sleep, especially after not having much for a long time...What article on intrusive thoughts are you talking about?
Originally posted by Victorious:
That article regarding eliminating intrusive thoughts really helped me understand why my thoughts keep resurfacing, now I can try to work on some of the tools from the article and this program to help me relax.

WW

Post by WW » Thu Dec 06, 2007 12:30 pm

Good job victorious and good moniker too! Was the article you mentioned on intrusive thoughts about CBT and the TEA form exercise? They have totally turned my life around, great stuff!

Trent77

Post by Trent77 » Thu Jan 17, 2008 4:15 am

hey I can relate to that!! I am just in week 6 of the program and I am allready sleeping all through the night. that is a VERY big thing for me. I have learned to relax and basically turn my mind off at night. I feel better during the day and actually look forward to going to bed at night. :) I'm really looking forward too to finishing the program. with my schedule it is hard to stay consistent but i'm getting there.