A new job in behavioral health

Share your successes with others
Charlie Brown

Post by Charlie Brown » Thu Sep 25, 2008 4:14 pm

I just received an email for a job offer for an insurance company that focuses on behavioral health!! Oh the sweet irony of it!

I am so pleased because I am finally getting out of my prison job--and no I don't mean I work in a correctional facility; I work in an office that you have to ask to go to the bathroom, hence the term prison.

I am also happy that I will now work in a field where I have personal expertise (through myself and my friend's anxiety and depression) and perhaps have job satisfaction (which I've never had in my 20+ years in the work force.)

:)

Post by Guest » Thu Sep 25, 2008 5:42 pm

That's so terrific good for you! I'm sure not every day will be "pockets full of sunshine" but..this is a long time comming for you and imagine working in a place that focuses on behavioral health. There just has to be good caring people there, and clients too! And you will make such a difference for many people. Congratulations. Soak it up!To go to work at a place where I feel I make a difference, that sounds like a dream come true.

heather Truettner

Post by heather Truettner » Fri Sep 26, 2008 4:43 am

miamikittycat,

Thanks for the reply. You're defnitely right it won't be sunshiny every day but I am so happy. 10 months having to ask to go the bathroom has been degrading. I've bosses who were SOBs and I never had to ask them.

Believe me, I am soaking it up. I like helping others with anxiety and depression because I know firsthand these ailments.

Thanks again. :)

Post by Guest » Fri Sep 26, 2008 6:47 am

Hi Charlie Brown:
Congratulations!!!!
Very good!

I had to smile when you sort of described your former job. I once worked in a place where you had to ask to go to rest room. If your pencil broke or wore out you had to raise you hand and ask for a pencil - the supervisor brought a new one to you.
But that job helped me support my children. And I lived in a beautiful place then. Bouler, Colorado.
I had other jobs after that.
Now I am retired - been retired for awhile.

Wishing you great contentment on this new job.
Happy days!
MJ

Post by Guest » Fri Sep 26, 2008 6:49 am

P.S. OOOPS!
I was in Boulder, CO. at that time.
Sorry for misspelling!
MJ

Post by Guest » Fri Sep 26, 2008 7:19 am

Thanks Cornflower.

10 points off for the misspelling. LOL. :D

You had to ask to go to the bathroom, too?
If your pencil broke or wore out you had to raise you hand and ask for a pencil - the supervisor brought a new one to you.
:eek: OMG!